Sign in to follow this  
mb20music

cuts erratic all of the sudden

I have had Signblazer elements and a pcut for about a month or so and all of the sudden when I try to cut it cuts erratically, I know its a software issue

because when you watch the cut progress on the screen in signblazer instead of it following the lines or letters you are cutting it just goes all over the place. If I uninstall signblazer and reinstall it works fine BUT if you close signblazer and reopen it, it goes back to the same thing. I'm wondering is there

a limit of free trial in signblazer, I don't know what else it could be.

well nevermind I started messing around in Cutter Setup menu (not sure exactly what I did) but it seems to be working fine again.

I don't know about the rest , but there is no time lmit of free trial SIgnBlazer Elements

I had this problem when I changed my setup from direct to cut manager or whatever it was when I was experimenting. Changed it back and it stopped eating my vinyl.

Charlie

you have to make sure that your cutter port settings are the same as your computers port settings.

bb

Saturday my SignBlazer and pcut freaked out for the first time after 6 weeks of trouble free cutting. All of a sudden it would cut to a non-existent node, crossing over several already cut letters. The only thing different this time was a long 49" x .6" rectangle used as an underline. It cost me 8' of 15" 651 and at least a hour of time. I'm beginning to see the disadvantage of China hardware and "free" software. I checked my settings and I already had it set to Direct. One thing that is screwy, SBE couldn't find the help file after this problem popped up.

sounds more like corruption on your computer.

bb