Sign in to follow this  
ikonme

HELP! Program stops 1/2 way through processing!

I just downloaded and used signcut 2x to cut small tile and it works well. Now when I use it to cut a logo our that is 22wx14tall it processes like it is going to do the job but stops 1/2 way through. Went to the manual and confirmed that my version was licensed and that it is PE and not the trial version.ok.

I cannot find any other reason why the job pukes 1/2 way through processing the job. no cutter movement, just the processing bar goes 1/2 like it is thinking then stops. no movement on the cutter. I did confirm that the vinyl width is correctly read. shows 23.40 for the width. ok

HELP - I got to get this stupid thing cut out.

no I meant that it does not cut at all. when you hit the cut button it moes a processing bar like it is putting the process together...it proceeds just past the abort button on the display then stops.

Now, it finished the moving processing blue bar from the laft to the right and does not cut at all, is there a long pause between the process function and the cutter actually cutting the logo out?:thumbsup:

the more info you are sending,the longer it takes. If there is more info than the cutter memory can handle, it will either cut up to that point or sometimes not cut at all.

Try editing the nodes in the file to reduce it's size.

Should start cutting right away.

Go to your Cutter setup, and let me know what you have for the top 3 selections....

The exact same thing is happening to me. I managed to get it to cut a couple of times, but now it won't cut anything, it just shows the elapsed time/time remaining box which disappears halfway through.

Settings:

Manufacturer: USCutter

Cutter: USCutter Refine MH721

Device: /dev/cu.usbserial

Can anyone help?

Is the cut file filled with a color?

If it is empty and outline only it will show in SCX2 but not work in some cases.

And check if the baudrate of the machine is same as the cutter setting and SCX2 setting.

I had this last one yesterday too by hitting a few times the cutter buttons without looking.

Paco

The problem you are relating may be because of several things, please go to our new site, download and install our newest version of Signcut Productivity Pro, we have changed the way Signcut sends to the import plotters basically dumbing it down so they understand the information better. Once you have installed and tested it please drop both your old and new license numbers to us at support@sc-x2.com and we will convert your existing license number over to the new version.

Should you need any additional help we would be happy to assist you though our support system, you may contact us directly at support@sc-x2.com

I have SignCut Productivity Pro Build 1.00 MAC.

Can you post a link to the newest SPPro, I can't find it on the SignCut website?

Thanks.

Pro is the latest version, although you may not have the latest build. I have sent the link to you via PM, although after rereading your post is the file cutting halfway or is it just sending halfway and not cutting. If that is the issue it may be a communication issue. Please open Signcut click the cutter button and be sure you are set for the correct output device. Also send us a file you are having trouble with to support@sc-x2.com We also would need the information about what cutter you are using, what type of cable connection ie straight USB, or an adapter. If you are using an adapter what brand is it? Do you have the most recent drivers installed? Under the cutter button in the device field what do you have selected for device.

Don't know if you got this problem resolved.  I had the same issue, and the solution for me was the settings on the printer port.  If you are using the parallel port for output, make sure it is set to ECP in the bios.  That worked for me.