cloudbrk

I need some more info about the Software that comes with Copam

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 24" COPAM, but have a question about the software.

In the ebay auctions it says it comes with Sign-Cut X2 PE and Sign-Cut X2 LE.  Are these just trial versions that I will need to subscribe to after the trial period runs out, or are they full versions that are mine to use forever?

If they are trial versions, is this a good program or should I be looking for another software program and what should I get for the Copam?

Thanks in advance.

N

Your license is preloaded with 1-month subscription initially, during this period you should test and determine if you want SignCut-X2 PE (which requires a working internet-connection) or the SignCut-X2 LE version which does not require an internet-connection. You can simulate the LE-version by choosing that option in the help-menu, and see the limitations of LE. Once you have decided which route to take, go to http://www.sc-x2.com , click on "Purchase" and enter your license and your purchase-ticket code, then complete the payment and you will get either "3-years subscription" or "SignCut-X2 LE" for $0 (Free of charge).

The purchase ticket comes with your purchase of the cutter. SignCut reads .eps or .ai vectorized files. So you can create your files in a graphics program such as Corel or Illy or InkScape, make sure the file is vectorized, and open with Sign Cut to cut out. You can also purchase vectorized .eps and .ai files on the internet if you do not know how to create them yourself. We also have a category on this forum where users help each other out with finding particular graphics, and vectorizing.

Wow...that's disappointing.  I would think that if I bought a product that required software it would come with the software and I would not have to pay for a subscription.  That is kinda strange.  Not sure that I want to have to do that.  I guess the COPAM is down further on the list for me now....just when it was about to go to the top.

Now I see that it comes with Sign Blazer....I sware it just said sign cut.  Am I losing my mind?

Which does the COPAM come with?  Does Sign Blazer also require a subscription? 

Still waiting on a response.  I have sent one thorugh ebay and here, but havent heard anything.

No trying to be a pain, just want to get the info I need so I can make the decision on which unit to order.

Thanks in advance.

Great forum by the way.  Lots of resources.

SignBlazer is relativly new to US Cutter, so it may be a diffrent auction ID??? Not sure...

SignCut is junk... Really... Disk is a drink coaster on my desk...

SignBlazer is far from junk... Top of the line program... You can download a trial somewhere...

Wow...that's disappointing.  I would think that if I bought a product that required software it would come with the software and I would not have to pay for a subscription.  That is kinda strange.  Not sure that I want to have to do that.  I guess the COPAM is down further on the list for me now....just when it was about to go to the top.

One of us must be misreading something. The auction you referred to includes SignCut Lite Edition for infintium. Should you desire SignCut Professional Edition, you are given the option of appling your credit towards a three year license. It's all a matter of perspective. This approach is certainly not unique to US Cutter. Heck even my computer came with Lite versions of software.

STOP BEFORE BUYING ANY OFF BRAND CUTTER  BEWARE............AND SOFTWARE...........READ POSTS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE.........THIS IS REALLY GOOD ADVICE USLESS YOU WANT MORE TIME TRING TO GET IT TO WORK THAN MAKING MONEY ON A NAME BRAND.....THE OLD SAYING GOES    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR........

STOP BEFORE BUYING ANY OFF BRAND CUTTER  BEWARE............AND SOFTWARE...........READ POSTS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE.........THIS IS REALLY GOOD ADVICE USLESS YOU WANT MORE TIME TRING TO GET IT TO WORK THAN MAKING MONEY ON A NAME BRAND.....THE OLD SAYING GOES     YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR........

The cutter in question is one of the best cutters available,period. I doubt very seriously if you have ever seen one,much less used one.

My main cutter is NOT a name brand. Up and cutting 30 minutes after I got it.$20,000 in sales in 9 months  and it is STILL cutting fine.

Where are the mods when you need them? This guy is not here to help,but to trash his competition.

SignBlazer is relativly new to US Cutter, so it may be a diffrent auction ID??? Not sure...

SignCut is junk... Really... Disk is a drink coaster on my desk...

SignBlazer is far from junk... Top of the line program... You can download a trial somewhere...

I have not heard of us bundling SignBlazer with our Copams yet, but it may have changed without me knowing. IMHO SignCut is actually a great program, and very easy to use with Corel, InkScape and Illy etc. if you take the time and excersise some patience in learning how to use it. SignCut comes with the unlimited LE version or the 3 year PE version, whichever you choose. During your initial 30 day trial from simply loading the disk, you can see the features of PE, and then also simulate the LE version to see the differences, then make your decision when you use the purchase ticket. Either one you choose will not cost you a penny.

SignCut has also just released an online manual to assist those in learning. www.sc-x2.com/online_manual.html

This manual is a great new tool for those that need help in learning the full capabilities of SignCut, and even the basics.

SignBlazer is a great program as well. To some it may seem more appealing because it is an all-in-one tool, but to others it may seem just as difficult, because it IS a new program after all. Again, with some patience, you will see the benefits of either.  I think Tater is just a bit more fond of one over the other, but they are both good programs.    :)

Like BannerJohn mentioned, our Copam units are top of the line. Reviewed above a Roland, and just under a Summa or GraphTec. Well worth the investment, tenfold.

I want to start by saying, I have heard a lot of great things about US Cutter and their machines. I want to purhase a new cutter. I made a mistake and bought a endura cut. It has worked well for me, but I want a cutter with a servo motor. iIwant to know if , I could continue to use my LXI software with a US Cutter brand cutter ? If not, what software should I invest in. .... Thanks JB

In your LXI software,see if it has drivers for the Refine,Pcut,or Copam,whichever you are considering. If it has the drivers,it will work.

Now that they all come with Signblazer, you will be getting EXCELLENT software with the cutter. It's one of the best I've tried,if not THE best. And,you get a version that does not expire,does not require an internet connection (except to activate),and does not require a dongle. Not to mention that SignBlazer has EXCELLENT support.