Sign in to follow this  
gjoe32

Can I use a usb wireless print server with my new Laserpoint 24?

i don't think plotters like wireless networks. but you can give it a try and let the rest of us know.

bb

upgrading the memory in the cutter would likely minimize any issues you might have, as the entire project could be held in the cutter.

D

I can't understand what increasing the memory will accomplish in this case. All I want is to have my cutter set up further away than my usb cable can reach, like in another room.

if you go with a wireless usb adapter, let me know how it works.... I'd love to put mine in the next room over :(

I can't understand what increasing the memory will accomplish in this case. All I want is to have my cutter set up further away than my usb cable can reach, like in another room.

The PC transfers the data to the plotter at a certain baud rate.  If you do this wirelessly, you risk losing some data in the transfer, as it is not a direct connection. 

However, if you increased the memory in the plotter, you could set it to not start plotting until the entire data transfer occurs, providing the memory in the plotter can handle the entirety of the plot data.  At least this is how it works with printers.

is there a slot for extra memory in the laserpoint?  I haven't been too eager to pull mine apart yet considering that I just bought it a few weeks ago :thumbsup:

This may be a little late, but A print server's drivers are set to connect to an LPT port not a COM port