cutme

screen print screen

Hey Cutme,

It seems like we had similar ideas. I've been working on the same graphic using Corel, trying to hone my skills. I'm trying to contour cut this one.

Nice work by the way!!  :(

Well... this thread got the better of me. I just purchased a few things to test the waters. I'll be trying the "vinyl on mesh" in combination with cutme's "heat press" method.

Complete Squeegee Size: 12 in Type: Medium 

Goop Scoop

AquaBrite Golden Yellow Inks: Pint

12x16 Wood Frame Frames Option: Mesh count: 110

I only have $40 into the project, so if it doesn't work... it's not too much of a loss.

Thanks for the ideas!

Hey Cutme,

It seems like we had similar ideas. I've been working on the same graphic using Corel, trying to hone my skills. I'm trying to contour cut this one.

Nice work by the way!!   :(

looks like your skills are "honed". :thumbsup: nice work with the skull.

bb

Well... this thread got the better of me. I just purchased a few things to test the waters. I'll be trying the "vinyl on mesh" in combination with cutme's "heat press" method.

Complete Squeegee Size: 12 in Type: Medium 

Goop Scoop

AquaBrite Golden Yellow Inks: Pint

12x16 Wood Frame Frames Option: Mesh count: 110

I only have $40 into the project, so if it doesn't work... it's not too much of a loss.

Thanks for the ideas!

oopsy... :thumbsup:

bb

Cut me i have used the reg vinyl on frames and it works well...

MMM

I have also used regular vinyl.  I also used speedball...  I will say that after a year and at least a dozen washes it is holding up.  I also "cured" it with my heatpress.  I do like your stretching system!  My system was far less efficient and created waves in the screen surface which luckily did not hurt my print, but I will definately either buy or use a similar method to yours for screens next time.

MMM

how many shirts do you get before it starts to peel up?

bb

MMM

hey sandy, did you put the vinyl on top of screen or below?

regards duke

Cutme - are you interested in making and selling your screen stretcher boards?

Cutme - are you interested in making and selling your screen stretcher boards?

i have no plans to...

bb

Have you or are you able to do multi color prints ?

I am looking to purchase a 2 color press and I like this idea for short runs.

i don't have a press yet, so i am stuck to one color. but i am looking at a four color one station table top model to start with.

bb

I am a screen printer. I have been using emulsion and just bought a new cutter so thought I would try this. Well it worked extremely well. I used regular vinyl, applied it to the ink side of the screen, taped my screen off and printed up 6 shirts. No problems with the vinyl coming up and I had about 1 inch high letters with a graphic in the middle. I cured using my conveyor dryer and they turned out awesome!!!!!  I used my ink remover which loosened up the vinyl and it came off my screen with no problems. Cleaned the screen and I am ready to go again. A huge thank you to the genius that thought this up!  :( It worked perfectly.

New press is in the house - just not assembled yet - getting anxious.  4 color slickpress

Awesome post cutme. I tried the regular vinyl on a screen and it worked well. I bought a wood canvas frame from the local art store, a small remnant of nylon screen from Joannes, some extra 641 I had laying around, and viola I had a setup. It worked surprisingly well. Your method of stretching was more elaborate and probably yielded a better result so I will have to try that next time.

when someone tries a 2 or more color run , please post !  I like this !!

me 2

2 color, 3, 12 color wouldn't be any different.  Multi-color depends on the press you are using.

Dakota,, congrats on your new toy,, make sure and post some pics when you are ready,,

Sandy Jo

MMM

Any of ya'll DIYers? Try looking at a guy called youtees stuff. He may seem a little radical but I kinda like him. His site is www.youtees.net  He has a setup for like $150 plus you buy supplies and can easy do 3 colors in a minimum space. Hes all about the little guy.

Any of ya'll DIYers? Try looking at a guy called youtees stuff. He may seem a little radical but I kinda like him. His site is www.youtees.net  He has a setup for like $150 plus you buy supplies and can easy do 3 colors in a minimum space. Hes all about the little guy.

I think we are all DIY'ers here, heh.  I use a modified Youtees setup, works awesome.