Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

Can't cut since update?

I was on vacation and I noticed that there was an update. I updated with no problem and I just tried to cut and it doesn't seem like signcut is giving the cutter the message to cut?? Everything is plugged in and turned on. Got any ideas. I sent it to cut and nothing happens???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you have the correct manufacturer selected, the correct model of cutter, and the correct communication device in SignCut

Okay, those all look correct, but my device says COM3 which is what it was in the last version. Should I change that???

Check your device manager to see which COM port the USB is on. It is under the ports category in your device manager.

Okay, I looked in the printer information and it said Com5. So, I switched it to that. Unfortunatly, my baby is sick and asleep near the cutter, so I will have to see if this fixed the problem later. Thank you for all of your help!

Jessica

Okay, no luck! I changed the Com port and it still won't cut. Do you have any other ideas?

I hit cut and there is this window that appears and it says abort at the bottom. It scrolls through, but then nothing happens. HELP!! Why wont this work?:huh:;D

No- it should cut in either mode, unless it said Test Mode before you switched to LE, in which case you will only be able to cut something 3 x 3".

So you have 2.17 now?

A new ability in 2.17 is the extra parameters for serial communication.

We added those as we expereinced that for instance various USB to serial converters takes various settings for

RTS, CTS, DTR and DSR.

Before those parameters were set by default for various plotters in the SignCut-drivers.

So if you still can't cut, I suggest that you try different settings for those.

There are 16 combinations possible.

We should appreciate if you try that and let us know the outcome!

/ Kjell

Okay, I looked in the printer information and it said Com5. So, I switched it to that. Unfortunatly, my baby is sick and asleep near the cutter, so I will have to see if this fixed the problem later. Thank you for all of your help!

Jessica

What do you mean looked in the printer information? The device manager? Under the ports category? For XP go to control panel, then click on system icon, the hardware tab, then device manager. Click the + next to ports, and you will see the USB listed with a COM # assigned to it. Set the cutting software to communicate through that port.