Guest missy

cutting in signblazer

Missy , i can't find the SignBlazer manual information again . I was having problems registering on the SignBlazer forum & the person helping me said they sell a manual ( i think it was aus $69 ) which would probally help a computer ameteur like me also . Nobody includes manuals anymore . overall it probally helps to keep the costs down & people with experience can get the info they need thru the online manuals . Ask here for the mnaual information or go over to the SignBlazer forum .

is there an easier way to type text in SignBlazer besides clicking the text box & going thru the font screen every change ? the problem i have is taking the first steps , i can figure out most things when i know the things most people take for granted . again my inexperience with computers & sign software . it's great that people help as it seems most of the problems are computer related . i have not read any threads that the problem is the cutter yet .

regards , Rodger Myers

When you click on HELP in Signblazer,do you not get "Contents"?

As for typing text, once you select the font, you should be able to type in that font without opening the text box. If you want to change the font for just one line,select the line and change the font.

If this isn't what you mean,be more specific and I'll try and help.

Hi Banner John , i set the font & have typed some things &i experiment with skewing etc . when i try to go back to typing , the only way seems to click the text button & verify the font etc . Also what are the 2 buttons to the direct right of the big part that shows the font ( Comc Sans & does it have a bold option in SignBlazer ? ) both buttons show the font i'm using . Thanks for the help .

Rodger

those two buttons.,the top one is a box.type in text and it will show what it will look like with the text you selected. The bottom one just shows ABC,etc in the text selected.

After you type the text, you don't have to click the text box again,you can just click anywhere else in the field and it will start a new blinking line to type.

I have no idea about the Bold with comic sans in the text dialog box. You can make it bold by using the expand/outline feature under MANIPULATE just UNCHECK 'keep original'.

I've had other programs that you couldn't do bold unless you had the actual font in bold. The 'bold' The text dialog box has a bold button in the pro version,but it says you have to have the bold version of the font installed.

Thanks for the answer & help . i forgot to answer the part about getting "contents" after clicking the help button . the windows XP computer can't find the help file & the windows vista computer says the help file isnt supported with vista .

regards , Rodger

The help file was probably not installed when you installed signblazer. If you got a CD, put it in and see if it gives you the option of installing manual.

You can download the help file on the signblazer website I think,not sure exactly where.

Hi again , i am using the trial version . i did find the content file 1 time , that is exactly what i need  ! the content file can't be  located every other time still . Do you think its my pc or the download didnt go right ? should i download again ? also if i "select" & align or any other function , the blinking line wont come back no matter what i do except open the font thing again .

thanks , Rodger

I'm not sure but I think it is supposed to do that to make sure of what font you want for the next project.

I have no idea why the help contents is giving you problems. I DL the trial to another PC just to see,and it works fine for me.

What software have you been using? Having tried SignBlazer,do you think it is better? The elements version is only $60 from US cutter and a bargain at that price.

i have only used Inkscape/SignCut that was suppilied with the copam .I have been able to make what decals i want ( nothing fancy , just lettering my trucks & equipment ). i'm sure i will be buying SignBlazer  , but might still use Inkscape?SignCut for some things since thats the software i know best so-far . My lack of computer knowledge seems to be the problem getting up to speed with any software . the help is amazing on here & extremely impressive with the SignBlazer support .That alone would sell me even if the software wasn't so affordable . now if i get to read the help/content part more WITH some mental energy ....;D the content section was GREAT for a beginner like me .

2 things that i would like to suggest/request , make it easier to get the cursor going & give some option on the grid color ( the yellow is very hard for my 52 year old eyes to see ;D .

another thing i am confusing myself with in SignBlazer is moving the scroll wheel on the mouse accidentally  , it zooms in & out ... i can't find my work & have to start another document .

thanks 4 the help !!!

Rodger Myers