Sign in to follow this  
tory

How to make a file have no background color?

I have a file that I need to send out. Because some of the text is white it doesn't appear to show. I don't want a background color as the shirt is going to be the background color. So how do I make it that grey speckled background I've seen that represents the background, but really isn't a color? It shows properly in the cut file but if they can't see it in the colors they may not realize it should be white. Hopefully, you all know what I'm talking bout here. Thanks

Draw a rectangle and color it in..then over lay your graphice on top of the rectangle.. and then export it as a jpeg Bitmaps...

Won't it still be seen as color, or is it then a bitmap attached to a vector file?

what are you wanting to do... send this to your cutter..? if so it does not matter what color your text is .. just change the color so you can see it... and you not that it's suppose to be white..

No, I want to send it to a company. They will charge me an art fee if it is not ready for the versacamm as is. The cut file is great as is. But when they open it, it will look like a mess because some of the lettering is white and as such disappears when viewed without a background. I want to make sure it is printed and cut in the colors it is designed for. I know I've seen a gray background that is applied to AI and Corel files for this reason I just don't know how to do it myself.

Hey Tory ,

How about making a sqaure like said & make it gray in color ? explain to the customer if you think that is needed . 

Yeah, for now may have to. I might be able to leave it a bitmap w the rest vectored and explain it isn't part of the design. But she was very clear it would be printed/cut as is if they waived the art charge so I just wanted to make sure there was discrepancies. Thanks

Oh , so you are sending it out to a business to get something made with it ? Makes more sense now . :thumbsup:

Exactly, sorry I didn't make that clear. It has 7 colors so it has to be printed /cut on a Versacamm. Maybe some day I'll have that toy but not yet  :-

Guest fivestar

Tory I always send the .eps and a jpg of what the file should look like, in your case, I'd make only the jpg file with a colored background so they can see the white lettering.

Like this.  The .eps would actually only be the white lettering.

post-0-12986532953542_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986532973104_thumb.jpg

Thanks Five, that is a good idea that way they can see exactly what I'm trying to convey

Yes Bud, I'm a firm believer in dreams......have to work toward something right?  :thumbsup: That baby is $15000, more than a cutter...... I think it is cool that it can be used as a printer in diff ways. My daughter's friend took a pic while in England. Had a company print it on a Versacamm for $150 and hung it. It looks really nice. There are a lot of uses for this machine. I don't particularly care for it applied to shirts/banners but it def has it's place. I prefer the pop of color on shirts/banners with the diff layers of vinyl. Apparently, they have come down in price quite a bit.

I dream big to.. I would like to have the Mutoh 64" ValueJet for $23,000... maybe 1 day :thumbsup: