Sign in to follow this  
marcsby

Buying Adobe Illustrator

probably to find a friend or relative at college,have them buy the academic version in the school bookstore.

probably to find a friend or relative at college,have them buy the academic version in the school bookstore.

good idea but you cannot used it for any commerical uses i made that mistake when i was in college.

I don't know anyone who uses it for anything OTHER than commercial use. Seems like and expensive thing to buy for a hobby.

Just curious...how do they know how you use it?

You probably won't find a "great deal" on Illustrator anywhere and if you do it is probably not a legal copy.

Adobe seems to make sure that their prices are kept at the same level across the board.

Why not look on Ebay for a used older copy? You can probably find a great price for CS2 or CS3 there.

any graphic that you create and use on the web it has a trace embeded in the graphic that you cannot do anything about. it also has it in the liecense agreement. i guess if you don't use it for web work it would be fine.

just my .02 but i could be wrong

any graphic that you create and use on the web it has a trace embeded in the graphic that you cannot do anything about. it also has it in the liecense agreement. i guess if you don't use it for web work it would be fine.

just my .02 but i could be wrong

Who's going to go through that trouble though??

If you buy a college version it will not have Visual Basic tool.. and you will not be able to export anything...I got my Adobe Design CS4 on ebay for $1,000.00 it come with Photoshop CS4, Extended Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Professional Dreamweaver CS4, Fireworks CS4, Acrobat 9 Pro, Adobe Bridge CS4, Adobe Device Central CS4, Version Cue CS4

I will be getting mine when the hubby goes to Korea in April. He got me a few programs last year, Microsoft office professional for one and it cost 20.00. Yeah I know its probly ilegal but I dont know that for sure, they have stores on every corner where you can buy programs, movies etc. So why not? If anyone wants anything let me know

Renee