Sign in to follow this  
SandyM114

wall decals just finished

I did these for my grandson's new room this weekend. Both files came from the forum, but I made the Slash one much larger. I increased it to 20 X 22 or so. Still learning to use the reg. marks, but it's getting better....Sandy

post-3822-12986532852269_thumb.jpg

post-3822-1298653287494_thumb.jpg

that cardinal looks great, the slash one looks cool too. ;) it won't be too long and his friends are gonna want something too. those are way better than posters.

bb

Oh, he's already thinking of selling them to his friends. I offered to do one for one of his buddies and he said he'd sell him one for 5.00. Guess my work isn't really valuable...Probably wouldn't even pay for the vinyl.lol

Sandy, THOSE LOOK GREAT.  ;) I remember you asking and being afraid of 2 color but whalla- you did it and CONQUERED...AND you might get some cheese from it as well from your sons friend!  LOVE SLASH~BTW  ;)

Great job sista

Dazzel

Thank you for the kind words, Dazzle. I still have a long way to go on the layered designs. Wish I could sit in on a class somewhere. I've watched the tutorials but I think you just have to see it done in person. Most of the videos don't have talking, just music....Sandy

Sandy, I think they both turned out excellent!! Great job...and I agree so much better then posters!!

Sandy Great Job! I know you feel a sense of accomplishment! I too finally just dug in there and did my very first two color. Mine was tiger head done in black and red, I will upload and show. I wasnt really happy with it but I was if you know what i mean...lol.

As far as the videos go, I wish they would talk instead of playing music too. Not only that but I had a hard time figuring out the cutting part ;) The graphic I used I got from here as well and it was already two color so i only had to figure out how to cut what color.

Anyhow you did a great job!

Renee

Renee, I just did another 3 color decal and had a problem getting the backing off. I used a wet application so I cold slide the top layer vinyl over a background layer and it sort of melted the backing paper so I had to literally scrape it off. A mess! I'm not sure what I did wrong...  Here's a jpg of it.Sandy

SWEET....nice job....Keep it up and you might be doing trailers soon!

Dazzel

Well, I don't plan to do trailers for anyone anytime soon, but I'm working up the courage to do my own trailer. Can't decide what needs to be on it....Sandy

Looks great Sandy! The finished product doesnt look like it gave you a hard time. I have not tried a multi color decal yet, the tiger I did was for a shirt. Thats an easier process than a decal...lol

Renee

I like them a lot. I want to put Palm Trees on my bedroom wall. Do you use a different vinyl?

Dave