Sign in to follow this  
Tinky

Cutting strip

Hi does anyone know where i can get a new cutting strip and a pinch roller for my pcut in the uk. Just trying to save abit on shipping i know uscutters have them on there site.

Also how hard or easy is the cutting strip to replace is there any info on this ?

Tinky

Guest sciondrgn

I replaced mine about a month or so back..

I just pried up the old on and snapped the new one in place.. I found using a hard squeegee worked well to just rub over the cutting strip to get it to lay flat and snap into the channel from side to side

yes the parts where ordered from you but via a different route i found the cost of shipping parts like that way to high.

Maybe you could look into this maybe talk to your shipping supplier and maybe come up with some cheaper prices due to weight of items ordered or something :thumbsup:

Agree, I hope uscutter can look into oversea shipping charges for small items other than the cutter. As it is way too high.

2 Item(s):  $30.00

Shipping: $69.39

Taxes: $0.00

TOTAL: $99.39

Thats the price i got quoted by uscutters for a pinch roller and cutting strip. Now i aint having a go your prices are fine for items on the website but i think you could pick alot more buisness up from across the pond if you look into it cos 69.39 for something which aint to big or heavy is a hell of a price for shipping. I dont think i paid that for my stainles steel headers and they where big and heavy.

$69.39 does not sound right for a pinch roller and cutting strip- should be closer to $30-40

Yes it does sound high that but i have tried it twice and im in mainland uk and thats the price it gives me.

I know its probly not ur area kenimes but maybe u could mention this to ur ppl u might me losing alot of sales down to this.  :thumbsup:

Yes it does sound high that but i have tried it twice and im in mainland uk and thats the price it gives me.

I know its probly not ur area kenimes but maybe u could mention this to ur ppl u might me losing alot of sales down to this.  :thumbsup:

What is your City and Postal code in the UK? I want to double check the shipping calculator.

Ken, I can tell you exactly how much it would cost: $12.30 in a flat rate international envelope. Which is plenty big enough for those two items.Weight limit of 4lbs though,and no custom forms to fill out if value is under $400.

ken im in greater manchester post code is BL1 6LL checked again this morning and still comes up with same price not that i need them now cos of the good people on here (john  :().

But it would be nice if something could be done with this as not all people are quite as helpful as what john has been.