Sign in to follow this  
goldiegirl

Need help quick

We bought a bunch of Oracle 631 matte.  And we bought Rtape with release thinking it would be a good combination...  it does not stick to the Oracle 631.  THen we bought just normal Rtape conform and that doesn't stick.  Does anyone know of any other tapes that Oracle matte will stick too??  We are in Canada and we have an order due tomorrow and they don't sell Oracle tape here yet.  HELP!!!!!

Apply the app tape as normal, using firm pressure with your squeezee. When you go to take the backing off, flip the decal over so the app tape is on the table/desk and remove the backing at a 45 degree angle, while sliding the backing back onto itself. And go slow...

If it were only that easy, it is for an wall order for a customer who will be putting it up themselves...AGHHH  that is what I get for straying from our norm.  I just heard so much about the matte vinyl for interior designs and how nice it looks...this really bites!

You could alway type out instructions to send with the vinyl, or even do a video, upload it to youtube, and send the customre a link on how to properly install the vinyl.

Guest fivestar

I have never had problems with PerfecTear not sticking to 631.  Like Tim said, always always pull the backing from the decal not the other way around, this makes a huges difference.

we usually use Avery A6 series, never have problems but it is shiny.  Wanted to offer Matte.  I tried the oracle with rtape clear tape and it picked up the vinyl off the backing but won't  come off the tape when applied to the wall.  I will try and do it taken the back off.

Thanks

goldie, once they have it on wall, well send them with list, wall has to be clean clean clean,,

and once on wall,,and have sqeeegeed it very well, and again,,, they can spray it with water,,, let it sit untill it wrinkles,and then carefully start peeling,, you might have some old vinyl,,

MMM

There was a problem with some of last years 631.  The release liner did not have enough silicone on it.  Oracal pulled all older vinyl back to it's HQ's.  But some of us might still have some of the old stuff.  Basically what happened to me was that the vinyl would not release from the backing paper after weeding and taping.  The white 631 works beautifully, however the black was really tough.