Sign in to follow this  
vinyliscoolio

Blade adjustment

Hi. I am a bit confused when it comes to setting up the blade.

Currently I am cutting on 651 Oracal vinyl and the blade peels up my lettering as it cuts. Mainly on tails of letters. I change vinyl types frequently and didn't know if I could adjust a setting in the software for each type of material so I don't have to tweak the blade everytime.

Anyway, right now I would be happy if I could get my machine adjusted so the lettering doesn't lift up as it's cutting. I'm not sure if its a blade adjustment issue, cutting force, blade offset (I dont even know what that is) , or something else.

Thank You.

this often happens when too much blade is out. try adjusting the blade in a bit while increasing the cutting force.

I have tried adjusting the blade in and the force up. Still is pulling up lettering. The black part of the blade holder is riding right on the vinyl. I believe it is catching and pulling up the vinyl as it moves.

Is there a setting to raise the black tip of the blade holder off the vinyl to give it clearance where only the blade contacts the vinyl?

I am doing a tribal pattern now and I am wasting a ton of vinyl.

Hi ,

there are several threads about static electricity & grounding . Basically , use any wire & connect the cutter to the stand . ;)