bowhunter012004

first attempt at a difficult 3 layer decal

I made a small version before I attempt the big version(small 10x10in, big will be 14x23inch)  the picture looks ok, but the decal in person looks pretty sweet, the white spots are from my scanner.

The first picture is the jpeg that I tried to make the decal look like, and the second picture is the decal finished.

So, is there a really easy way to do layering? Because what I did was cut a black piece , a white and a blue of the same size, and then slowly picked out the pieces that I wanted in diff spots.  There has to be an easier way..right :thumbsup:

post-2837-12986532354076_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986532354514_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986532362032_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986532362177_thumb.jpg

all dependant on what kind of software you use...

I use mainly winpcsign, so yeah, you can make it in exactly the same place on both layers.

I would create a line color of lets say blue on the shadow, and then a line color of white on the foreground image. then i would add registration marks in lets say color black.

then when i send to the plotter, I will select to cut black and blue for the first cut. then when i load my second color, i will select black and white. therefore the plotter cuts everything black and blue, and the black and white.