Sign in to follow this  
Rodger

signing in & inkscape questions

Hi , i've read the entire SignCut section many times trying not to duplicate questions :huh: i know with as many people starting it has to be trying for the helpers & i do appreciate the help .

when i go to the SignCut site & sign in , click on inscape layout software ,  it always goes to the download inscape for windows  . i have downloaded it several times & still does it ;D?

i get a different layout screens than when i click on the desktop inscape icon or the SignCut desktop icon ( not as many vertical icons & no measuring details )

i have 512 ram & have more ram to install as soon as i get somebody to install it ( thinking that might be my problem :huh:? )

i have found inkscape tutorials on youtube that in informative to me . probally would help fellow newbies . 

thanks , Rodger

What is it you are trying to do exactly? I am a little confused. Are you simply trying to open InkScape? You can download the program from www.inkscape.org then you will have the program on your computer.

sorry for the confusion . the problem is i'm confused . i am not sure if the layout software i get when i open inkscape is suppposed to be the same as when i open SignCut ? i thought SignCut uses inkscape software from what ive read ?

when i open SignCut ( from the favorite places in AOL ) & sign in ,  i try to open the inkscape layout software , but i have to download inkscape every time . when i open Signcut thru the desktop icon , i get a layout that is similiar but missing many icons???

i thought the Lpt was the best way to connect the cutter ( copam 2500 ) from advice on this board , but the old manual in SignCut says the 1rst choice is the comm port :huh:

when i try to open inkscape thru the desktop icon , i get a message " exception processing c0000013 parameters 75b6bf9c4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c " i have to cancel & then i get the inkscape layout .

thanks & sorry that i can't connect the dots :huh: , Rodger Myers

nobody is gonna help the handicapped , huh ?  :huh:

don't know if this will help or not but when you download are you saving it or running it when i click run t installs and on there like a said don't know if this will help still a newbie at this

thanks for the help . i have run it & saved it at least 6 times each , still every time i try it  , it goes to the download screen & the only way i go further is to download it again . i'm waitng for a friend who has a vinyl sign cutting business to have me come over & teach me  , patience is a hard thing to practice ...

regards , Rodger    :chopper:

You can email me directly, and if you have an internet connection, I can login to your computer and walk through some troubleshooting.  kenimes@uscutter.com

Sorry I did not answer yesterday, was out seeing the dentist and had a couple teeth yanked.    :stretcher:

I don't understand why you keep going to the web site and clicking on Inkscape.  After you download it and install it, you should be running it from your desktop.  The only thing the Inkscape link on the web site does is take you to the page to download Inkscape. 

Inkscape is only used for designing your graphic then you open it in SignCut to cut it out. 

You make your drawing in Inkscape, save it as an encapsulated postscript (.eps) file.  Then you open that file in SignCut to cut it out. 

Does that help any?

DGReenH , thanks , i thought going thru the SignCut website was the better way . i now understand the result i have been getting . i guess that is why i can find the cut out command in inkscape  :idea: .

Ken , ouch !!! i fear the dentist more than anybody , hope things went well & a speedy recovery ( i had a good bit of jawbone come out with 1 extraction ) i'll e-mail you & take you up on your offer to login on my pc .

regards , Rodger