Sign in to follow this  
bizzytop

Need help with rough cuts

My cutter will not cut smooth lines, Please see image.  I have my blade just out, i read on the forum that the blade should be about 1/2 the size of a credit card which is just showing so my blade is just showing, and my pressure is 120p.  when i try to cut anything it seems that the carriage is jumping or something becuse it cuts very bad lines, my offset is at .25.  I am about to take a sledge hammer to this machine purchased it over 1 mth ago and for the past 3 weeks i have been reading every forum and every knowledgebase and still have not been able to fix this issue.  If anyone has seen this beefore or know how to fix it please help.  2009%20001.jpg

I had a very similar problem with my machine when I first got it.  Here's what worked for me with the help of some very nice people here...

The 1/2 credit card was way too much blade sticking out.  I have to run mine so that i can lightly run my finger over the tip of the blade and barely feel it sticking out.  When I did this it was only scratching the vinyl, so I had to increase my pressure alot!

If I look at my blade right now I can't even see it without squinting.

Hope this helps!

ice22, when you say the pressure was really high is it in the 200 range?

mine is...even higher for thicker vinyl. It looks like yuour blade is dragging on the cutting strip.

I got it to stop dragging, i had to put the blade almost all the way in, but now it just will not cut the vinyl, I maxed out the pressure at 255 and it will not cut, as soon as i move the blade just a little it starts dragging again?  What do I need to do just keep playing with it until I get it or I get sick and tired and take the sledge hammer to it?  3 wks of trying every day to get this dang machine to work is getting to me, I am thinking i should have spend the money and purchased the roland I was going to get, or the graptech, I may do that anyway since I just cant get this thing to work, there goes $300+ down the trash.

the web page for US Cutter support is:

http://support.uscutter.com/

Submit a ticket and wait til you hear from them.They have a phone number but I can't find it. Someone from Us Cutter tech support should be on teh forums in an hour or so.

BannerJohn, thanks I submitted a ticket last night and all I got was the lame answer, about what the pressure should be and (120) and how the blade should be as well, which I already knew since I have been on the forum reading all i could about this.  Really they were no help that is why I finally decided to post on the forum to see if I could get some help from the users here, so far i have gotten it to the point where it does not drag any more, but now the blade does not cut all the way through the vinyl even though the pressure is maxed out.  Thanks to ice22

I'm sorry I can't help you any more...I don't have the pcut myself. Maybe Ken or Levi will see gthis post when they get on..which should be shortly. Have you checked to make sure that the blade is spinning freely in the holder?

THATS IT....... STUPID me when i put the blade in the holder forgot to take the protective cover off.  ONLY  a newbie would make such a mistake..... THANKS so much John....

I AM SO HAPPY, after 3 wks of struggling, I knew the great users of this forum would help me out, thansk ice22 and bannerjohn.

So, the rubber tip was still on the blade?

Sorry, I did not even think to ask you that when I was on the phone with you. First time for everything I suppose....

Yea, i never even thought of that, since i had never seen that on the forum,  So I had a few really good cuts, but now the letters are not closing,  Almost finish the one project i was working and was on my last set of letters the first 5 cuts were great, but now i cant seem to get the letters to close.  Did not do anything different, have my offset to .25?  Any suggestions why it would cut a few really good cuts and now it wont cut good corners?

play around with the offset a bit,with small test cuts. I have 2 machines...offset on one is .25 and the other is .00 and they both get perfect cuts.

It is just weird, it was working for about 6 cuts and on my last cut for the day it just will not close the letters.  The funny part is that i already cut these letters once.  I just don't know I will play with the offset anyway.  Thanks...

So it seems that the bottom of the letters are not cutting right, the top cut just right?  Not sure what the deal is, will keep playing with it.

WOW, went from so dang happy to WTH, all of a sudden sign blazer has gone mad on me, it is doing these weird 1/2 circles around the actuall letters and cutting this.  From one minute is was fine and now it is doing these weired 1/2 circle designs when I send it to cut. It shows it on the screen to, that it is sending this to the cutter so the cutter is cutting this.  WOW, maybe i should quite for the day, things are going from bad to worse..