unkes60

Signblazer to Refine 721

I purchased the Sign Blazer Elements a week or so ago. First I downloaded the trial version and loved it but, in order to send something to the cutter I first had to open up sign cut and do a test cut. Now, with the actual software I can't even do that, nothing will send for some reason. I even unistalled sign cut to see if that would help, and nothing. Any idea's???

-Steph

Try using the redsail 720 driver... Banner john was having the same issues, but i believe the redsail driver fixed his issues.

well,Tater..I'm glad that I'm not the only person who had this problem. I was beginning to think I was imagining it all. I was tempted to uninstall Signcut but was afraid that the same thing would happen...no communication at all. My fears were right.

Like Tater said,the redsail 720 driver fixed it for me. I think SignCut just didn't want to give up. Like trying to cancel AOL.

I ended up reinstalling SignCut, restarted my computer, did a test, then I could cut with SingBlazer. So, how do I use the redsail 720 driver, do I have to reinstall SignBlazer then?

You don't have to reinstall signblazer.

Open SignBlazer,at teh top,click on CUTTER...on the next screen,click on SETUP...very first window where it says cutter,change the cutter to REDSAIL720C.Click SAVE,Click OK,and OK again. It should work. Let us know.

Guest missy

Is signblazer the same as WinPc?  If so I downloaded the trial version and it will not let me open.  I think I will like WinPc better than inkscape because I do alot of layering and I really not like how the reg marks work in signcut, plus I want to be able to design and cut in the same program.  Please help me get the trial version downloaded.  My email address is mm.wilson@hotmail.com.  I don't want to be pushy but I have a big job I need to do by Saturday.  I will be home around 4:30om EST.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

Speaking from years of experience... With WinPCSign and other software programs... I'll tell you this.

WinPCSign is a good sign making program.  Has alot of features that are lacking in SignCut or InkScape and best of all its an all in one program.

SignBlazer on the other hand is also a great program.  Has alot of features also that SignCut and InkScape Lack, and also its an all in one design and cut programs.

Now.  With that said. comparing the 2 there is alot diffrent.  SignBlazer's learning curve is practicaly none, while WinPCSign could take you months to familiaize yourself with all the features.  Also, Cost.  Sign Blazer is much cheaper then WinPCSign...

Now, with all that said, Get SignBlazer elements... Its best for the novice users and the experienced... Its so much easier then winpcsign.

BTW, the demo of WinPCSign willl let you cut, however, you must keep clicking over and over again in the demo version, very annoying.

Guest missy

Thank you for  the info.  Does signblazer have the registration marks like WinPc?  I do alot of layering. I guess I  can download the demo until I can buy signblazer. Thanks so much for your help.

In my version of sign blazer elements, it is greyed out... But i just add them manually usually...

Guest missy

Thanks,  There is a few things greyed out on mine but I am using the trial version.  When you purchase the program will it let you use these features then.

I believe that I have the full version... I was one of those trial guys that US Cutter asked to look over the program...

Guest missy

Thanks I was just wondering if when I bought the program if it would work then.

Guest missy

How do you add registration marks manually?  I do a lot of multicolors. I had'nt quite figured out that in signblazer yet. I downloaded the trial version yesterday and did not have a whole lot of time to play around with it, but what time I had I really liked it.  Now I just got to get use to it.  I had finally learned how to layer on inkscape, but I still think signblazer is going to be better.  Thanks for all your support.

i just draw a square with a circle in it, then make it a diffrent color... then select those when im cutting in addition to my other colors that im cutting.

Guest missy

I have been playing around with the trial version.  When I select text it does not show in the box where you can choose italics or bold, is this because it is the trial version?

in the text box,SLANT will slant the text.Up arrow slants to the right,down arrow to the left.

I think you have to have tha actual font in bold before you can make it bold.Some fonts don't come in bold.

Yeah, it dont, its not supposed to... that box is only to show you a sample of the font you selected.

if you are having trouble typing, select the text tool.  a box will open, then click on the area you want to place the text and start typing...