Sign in to follow this  
PermanEtch

THOROUGHLY DIS-S-S-GUS-S-STED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have spent these past two nights and the biggest part of today trying to get some kind of results. I keep getting just a ****TINY**** bit of something at everything I try, but nothing of any real substance. I normally wouldn't post my phone #, but I am at the point I had better get some help from someone on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll. Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call.

281/758-2734    - - - Larry

" seeming " ... isn't that the understatement of the century ?

Have a nice wait. Nobody will be at US Cutter until Monday morning. None of the rest of us here (not on the payroll) know anything,of course.We can't help you.

From your other posts, PermanEtch, it looks like you are still on a high learning curve in understanding some of the basics required to do vinyl work.  I understand your frustration, as a person has to start at some point, but you may want to take a little different of an approach when seeking help in the forum and exercise some patience.  This stuff is not learned overnight.

Perman.... I'm very new to this group and know nothing. But after a few weeks of reading what this group has in knowledge...I think you are approaching this the wrong way. I am still waiting on my cutter to show up...Monday they say..YEA! Maybe just a posting of your problem would get you years of experience as a result! Not trying to be an A**,just trying to help! :lol:

:lol: Larry...Lary....Lary, we are such nice people here on the forum and we understand your Frustration...REALLY WE DO, you have 2 days till someone calls you, and hey, maybe someone on this forum will call you to explain things bofre then, but until Monday comes, devote yourself to some good ol reading on the topics here and I promise you, with a little patience you will take a HUGE step towards figuring thigs out ok!  :thumbsup:  Good Luck

Dazzel

For the benifit of members who don't feel like reading this members previos posts like Cyber & I have done ;

I read the 15 posts this guy made before starting this thread . What I got from reading it was he can't import or vectorize . NOTHING about the cutter not working !!! ( he did address pinch rollers making marks in 1 post ) or NOTHING about SignCut not cutting !!!  ONLY  having other software & not being able to import things into SignCut & then later not being able to import into SignBlazer . He has been off & on tryng this for over 2 years .

I understand frustration , but it should be with himself , not US Cutter or SignCut . It is like wanting to run before walking !!!  unless he can cut decals , clip art already . Learn to do that & then learn more complicated stuff like vectorizing & Exporting/Importing . I move 14' wide Mobile Homes with a tandem axle road tractor . If somebody buys a big truck like that , I have never seen training to move normal trailers etc come with buying it , let alone training for moving specialty stuff like 14' wide & 90' long stuff . Posting like this guy did would be like me going back into the truck dealer & being rude because I did not know how to do what I wanted with the truck WITH a hitch that they did not sell with the truck ( get it dude :lol: you are having problems with AutoCad software , Photo Impact software & your lack of knowledge in exporting/Importing & vectorizing ... NOT what you bought from US Cutter ) .

His previous posts involve only 2 issues that apply to what he bought , The issue about the pinch roller & how not to " tile " . ALL the other issues are how to vectorize ... , How to get " AutoCad " to export  ... & how to get " Photo Impact Pro version 11 " to export .

I remember having to deal with impatient people before I went into business myself . I do have to deal with it a bit , but can decide when to tell impatient , rude peple to take a long walk on a short pier  :thumbsup: . I take offense when people treat US Cutter people & SignCut people rude ( actually I get offended anytime somebody is rude without reason & treat undeserving people that way )... ESPECIALLY when they are trying to do things that is not the responsiblity of US Cutter or SignCut .

5 :thumbsup:

Way to go Rodger!!!!

WOW you and Cyber did your homework!

Like John and others have said.....we can help here, if given a chance.

Thanks Rodger,for summing it all up. I think that there are 2 main issues here...the guy is trying to use another program to design with and can't export as a file that SignCut or Signblazer can read. Is this the fault of US Cutter?

The other problem is, that in 2 years,he hasn't been able to learn (or taken the time) how to use Signblazer or any other program other than the one he is using ,for his design.

The cutter in question is not meant to recognize dxf files, and as far as I know, US Cutter never promised or promoted this.

I hope Ken or Levi can help him but the reality of it is, since US Cutter does not sell auto-cad, they are not obligated to.

Jenny ,

That is why this forum is so nice , people can be rude , impatient & most everybody understands , forgives the lack of manners , & helps . I understand frustration , but my Mom taught me better manners & I never forget what she taught me . I also never forget the rude , impatient people & even if they adjust & adult-up , they are always 1 notch down in my respect column .

( Did you get my little 5 joke ?  :thumbsup: )

Guest fivestar

Jenny ,

That is why this forum is so nice , people can be rude , impatient & most everybody understands , forgives the lack of manners , & helps . I understand frustration , but my Mom taught me better manners & I never forget what she taught me . I also never forget the rude , impatient people & even if they adjust & adult-up , they are always 1 notch down in my respect column .

( Did you get my little 5 joke ?  :lol: )

LMAO, yeah I got it.  But you're correct too.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

in short- rudeness will get you NO WHERE! Rodger and Cyber are 100% right and it doesnt sound like a uscutter problem but even if it WERE that does not excuse the rudeness. I was very intimidated by the SBE software and I was frustrated with MYSELF for not being able to "get it" right away. The way I see this is Ken nor Levi have to assist this guy if he is having an issue that is unrelated with his cutter in particular. I have read posts from other people that were trying to get other programs to work etc and they were given assistance, which is above and beyond if you ask me but they asked politely and in a non threatening way. This forum is the BEST out there and thats because of the people on it! they will go above and beyond to try and help, I have gotten hundreds if not thousands of vector images from the generous people here and the knowledge and support is unbelievable!

I definetly understand frustration, but not the rudeness! I raised 4 kids, 3 are adults and one is still in training. they are not perfect but I would hope they would never display this kind of rudeness to a group of people never mind a single person. With all that being said......How many people actually called this angry guy? I'm willing to bet he didnt have to ask to be put on the "do not call list" for telemarketers, they probly did it themselves...LOL

Renee <-------Not filthy rich in the patience department especially where rude people are concerned!

I think we are wasting our time,folks.

He wants to hear from  someone(His words): "on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll."

since none of us are,it seems he isn't interested in hearing from us.

I think two apologies are in order. First and foremost, mine to everyone here for not taking a few extra minutes to better clarify what was actually intended. The original post was not in an ugly spirit! Please be fair and at least allow me to break it down:

Have spent these past two nights and the biggest part of today trying to get some kind of results. I keep getting just a ****TINY**** bit of something at everything I try, but nothing of any real substance. I normally wouldn't post my phone #, but I am at the point I had better get some help from someone on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll. Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call.

I normally wouldn't post my phone #, but I am at the point I had better get some help from someone on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll.

:~I normally would not put my personal information available to any and everybody, but I was thinking at this point I better do just that in order to get the help I need and since I am not sure how best to contact US CUTTER directly. At least here in the forum is a starting point.~

Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call.

:~Initially I was only going to put: If you call you're going to need to be really patient as I have alot of frustration at this point. Lack of information can change everything and since I mostly hunt and peck on the keyboard when I type, one crucial piece of info nobody here could have known was that I paid for  a 3 year registration for Signcut. My CD was defective from day one. Upon calling their Customer Service dept at that point in time I was told they would not replace the CD. And now when trying to register Signcut, it tells me " Error: License not found." Who wouldn't be frustrated? Let he or she among you who is without frustration cast the first stone.

One of my biggest problems was that the CD that came with the cutter was damaged (the "mirrored surface" of the disk was flaked off in a small area).

What was actually intended was nothing more than that. Hind sight is 20/20 and looking at the specific and strong mannerism . . . yeah, bad move. I had been at this for several hours in my zeal for what I see has the potential to be a great hobby and should have slept on it before posting anything at all. At least that way, I know I'd have better clarified my intent.

Now for the second apology that I feel is owed. This one shouldn't be from myself, but from Rodger, and that not to me, but to you all for his having presumed that he really understood my post. His "flame", if you will, set the tone for this entire thread.

That having been said, hopefully this will clear the air. I am not what I was painted to be in this thread at all. Again, I offer my sincere apology to everyone offended.

Larry

Guest fivestar

Larry have you tried going to Sign Cut's website http://www.signcut.net/ and reporting the situation? 

In the meantime, I seen in another thread you have downloaded and installed Sign Blazer.  Can you get it to cut with that?  I know it don't help your Sign Cut issues, but lets at least try to get you cutting in the meantime.

I dont use signcut but I have heard its a good program and why they wouldnt help you 2 yrs ago is a puzzle for sure. you can do alot in signblazer so why not change over to that?

you have to use signblazer in the trial mode as there are issues with the owner of signblazer passing away last year, but it is a fully functional program, you just have to always start up in trial mode it is a good program once you learn it!

Renee

Larry have you tried going to Sign Cut's website http://www.signcut.net/ and reporting the situation? 

In the meantime, I seen in another thread you have downloaded and installed Sign Blazer.  Can you get it to cut with that?  I know it don't help your Sign Cut issues, but lets at least try to get you cutting in the meantime.

Fivestar,

I have and I am still playing around with it and trying different things in the various posts in that folder. Seems to not convert my BMP images very well when I IMPORT and VECTORISE. As of this afternoon I have a had some success cutting. I requested a "trial version" of Signcut from their website. I cut a file that was on a CD I had bought a few years back, and more importantly a passable cut for a logo I've been working at; on and off for some time now. Thanks for your calm demeanor and your willingness to help and not simply post something to diss me.

Larry

I dont use signcut but I have heard its a good program and why they wouldnt help you 2 yrs ago is a puzzle for sure. you can do alot in signblazer so why not change over to that?

you have to use signblazer in the trial mode as there are issues with the owner of signblazer passing away last year, but it is a fully functional program, you just have to always start up in trial mode it is a good program once you learn it!

Renee

Renee,

It's not that they wouldn't help two years ago, but they weren't willing to replace the CD. At the time I had dial-up and had problems with the download. Took several tries and a few more calls to Signcut Customer Service. I finally gave up and packed the cutter back into its box rather than continue to have to look at; what was at the time at least, "just an eyesore". Please don't misunderstand, I am thrilled with the machine. I KNOW it will do the things I want it to do. I just have to get the software aspect taken care of.  Thanks.

Larry

The important thing to remember is that SignCut is ONLY a cutting program. The easiest way I found (when I briefly used Signcut) to import and cut was to use Inkscape as my vectorizing program,and save as .eps.

My advice to you or anyone who is serious about cutting is to get Flexi.Even the starter version is better than most programs out there and SUPER easy to use.

There are others on the forums who have successfully used Auto-cad and other programs. perhaps a post with the relevant info in the heading will attract some of them.

When I first started in this biz, I had NO HELP.There were no forums,and nobody would tell me a thing. I figured most of it out on my own and what I couldn't figure out,I abandoned and found a way around it. Keep plugging away and you will get there.

Guest fivestar

Well Larry now that we know you can cut from Sign Blazer I'm sure ALOT of people here can help you out.  I personally don't use it, I use Flexi Pro.  But probably 80% of the active users here do use it so there's plenty of people to help you out with that software.

Glad to hear you at least got it working with Sign Blazer, now if Sign Cut can help you out with your problem.

Hey Larry,

I'm using signblazer and while I'm not exactly a dummy where computers are concerned I was totally frustrated with signblazer, to me it was really hard to learn and even now I only know the basics, if anything will try your patience its that! I want to try flexi but damn thats an expensive program! I have alot of good things about it though! Once you get up and running and I hope its soon, you will be even more thrilled with the cutter than you are right now!!!

Renee

Well Larry now that we know you can cut from Sign Blazer I'm sure ALOT of people here can help you out.  I personally don't use it, I use Flexi Pro.  But probably 80% of the active users here do use it so there's plenty of people to help you out with that software.

Glad to hear you at least got it working with Sign Blazer, now if Sign Cut can help you out with your problem.

With that many people using SBE it shouldn't be too hard to grasp. And maybe I haven't inadvertently stepped on toes to the point I'll be stuck in "self-teach" mode forever, I can probably be up and running before too long. Sure hope so.

Nah LOL I dont think you have stepped on too many toes, you will be ok.

My problem was I had previously used a roland cutter with the roland software and it was just a program for cutting, couldnt do much else with it, so I had gotten comfortable with it. then I got my pcut with sign blazer and wow, i was intimidated with it because it does so much more! It isnt too hard to grasp if you sit down and play with it and learn it but as I said going from a simple basic cutting program to a program that can do so much more was intimidating. Once I got over the intimadation and sat down and dug in, I'm learning, however I do want to look into flexi as i have heard its very user friendly.

Renee

It isnt too hard to grasp if you sit down and play with it and learn it but as I said going from a simple basic cutting program to a program that can do so much more was intimidating. Once I got over the intimadation and sat down and dug in, I'm learning, however I do want to look into flexi as i have heard its very user friendly.

Renee

I'm playing around with it right now to see what I can manipulate to do the things I want. I can whip things out in AutoCAD, but as I stated previously, it's on another computer and is a hassle to go between computers. I will revert to that if i have to, but I sure don't want to.Digging in is what I'm doing right now.

I think two apologies are in order. First and foremost, mine to everyone here for not taking a few extra minutes to better clarify what was actually intended. The original post was not in an ugly spirit! Please be fair and at least allow me to break it down:

I normally wouldn't post my phone #, but I am at the point I had better get some help from someone on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll.

:~I normally would not put my personal information available to any and everybody, but I was thinking at this point I better do just that in order to get the help I need and since I am not sure how best to contact US CUTTER directly. At least here in the forum is a starting point.~

Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call.

:~Initially I was only going to put: If you call you're going to need to be really patient as I have alot of frustration at this point. Lack of information can change everything and since I mostly hunt and peck on the keyboard when I type, one crucial piece of info nobody here could have known was that I paid for  a 3 year registration for Signcut. My CD was defective from day one. Upon calling their Customer Service dept at that point in time I was told they would not replace the CD. And now when trying to register Signcut, it tells me " Error: License not found." Who wouldn't be frustrated? Let he or she among you who is without frustration cast the first stone.

One of my biggest problems was that the CD that came with the cutter was damaged (the "mirrored surface" of the disk was flaked off in a small area).

What was actually intended was nothing more than that. Hind sight is 20/20 and looking at the specific and strong mannerism . . . yeah, bad move. I had been at this for several hours in my zeal for what I see has the potential to be a great hobby and should have slept on it before posting anything at all. At least that way, I know I'd have better clarified my intent.

Now for the second apology that I feel is owed. This one shouldn't be from myself, but from Rodger, and that not to me, but to you all for his having presumed that he really understood my post. His "flame", if you will, set the tone for this entire thread.

That having been said, hopefully this will clear the air. I am not what I was painted to be in this thread at all. Again, I offer my sincere apology to everyone offended.

Larry

Back to the real world ...

I can read & I read what you posted in your 16th post (1rst post in this thread ) . Then I read your previous 15 posts & relayed that in case others did not read your previos 15 posts . I can't mind read , so I don't know what you intended but this is ugly no matter what " spirit " it was meant ! It is flaming US Cutter & SignCut in front of us members & in front of prospective customers of US Cutter & SignCut .   

"I am at the point I had better get some help from someone on US CUTTER's payroll or SIGNCUTX2's payroll. Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call. "

I don't see any other way to read that part other than VERY rude :thumbsup: You say you said that in order to get contact information . doing a search here would do that . A search of US Cutter on the net would do that , A post ASKING USCutter's phone # would have done that instead of the rude language you used .  piss poor way to ask for a contact # .

2nd part -

you defend  this

" Forgive me for seeming rude, but if you are not FILTHY RICH in patience, please don't call.

" by saying this

" :~Initially I was only going to put: If you call you're going to need to be really patient as I have alot of frustration at this point. Lack of information can change everything and since I mostly hunt and peck on the keyboard when I type, one crucial piece of info nobody here could have known was that I paid for  a 3 year registration for Signcut. My CD was defective from day one. Upon calling their Customer Service dept at that point in time I was told they would not replace the CD. And now when trying to register Signcut, it tells me " Error: License not found." Who wouldn't be frustrated? Let he or she among you who is without frustration cast the first stone.

"

I can only read what you typed in the post , not what you " was " going to put .... You further say " one crucial piece of info nobody here could know was I paid for a 3 year registration for SignCut . My cd was defective from day one . Upon calling their Customer Service dept at that point in time I was told they would not replace the cd " I call BS !!! to that as I have seen USCutter go WAY above & beyond their duty to satisfy customers , let alone replace a defective cd ... I could be wrong if you used your sparkling personality with who ever you talked to  ;D .

Further you are wrong about the " one crucial peice of info nobody here could know about was I paid for a 3 year reg ...yada yada yada ... not replace the cd "  AS I TYPED I READ ALL YOUR previos posts & in post # 17 ( as of now ) date 2-5-09 @ 10:44:59 pm you gave all the " one crucial peice of info nobody here could know "   Dude , everybody here can read  .  Here is me CASTING a big freakin 1rst stone .  ;D

next thing is you saying you should have slept before posting .. Dude .. it's called being an adult ;D

you say

" Now for the second apology that I feel is owed. This one shouldn't be from myself, but from Rodger, and that not to me, but to you all for his having presumed that he really understood my post. His "flame", if you will, set the tone for this entire thread.

That having been said, hopefully this will clear the air. I am not what I was painted to be in this thread at all. Again, I offer my sincere apology to everyone offended  "

Now that is about the funniest thing I've read in a long time . I owe an apology to the other members ... because because I  " presumed " that I really understood your post .....  DUDE ... I understood exactly what you typed & summed it up correctly ( as BannerJohn posted in the 9th post ) .. I did not understand ANYTHING you meant , thought or wished you would have done or said , ONLY what you have typed !!!  Members thinking I owe them an apology , please let me know  ;D

You then say " My Flame .. set the tone for this entire thread " I call BS on that also . YOUR RUDE 1rst post flaming USCutter & SignCut did that .

then you "clear " the air . I would respect you more if you had admitted you were wrong , plain & simple & apologized , BUT OH NOOOOO .. you defend your 1rst post LOL , DUDE , you were dramatic , rude & cast serious doupt on USCutter's customer service . I would call you a dumbA*S , but that would be demeaning my Donkeys  ....

We don't need to carry this any further , we can agree we have VERY different values as far as respect & manners . I'll avoid you as I do a couple other members . I hope you learn what you want to here & get help as many here are very forgiving ( i actually know the techs will help you get going with USCutter offered software ) . I don't have any use for impatient , rude people , so I'll not bother you again ( actually I wasn't bothering you , just summing it up for others ) .

hey , I'm the nice guy here . My buddy 5 , he has the temper ( should I say HAD the temper ? LOL . I warned him  ) I just like to debate  ;D

( edited because of grammer mistakes  )