Sign in to follow this  
casaminc

Need suggestions for my project before I buy

This is all new to me, so I am hoping to get some direction from this forum. I currently sell wooden step stools for children and I want to start personalizing them. This is all I will be doing with the cutter, so I am thinking the 12" will be fine. Can anyone give me tips on this application/use? Best vinyl?

Also, can anyone give me a general idea of how long it will take to cut one name and apply to step stool?

Thank you for your help!

For that application,I would think that the 12 inch would be fine. However,if you watch the auctions,you might get lucky and get a bigger one just as cheap. I found out the hard way,that once you see what you can do,you quickly realize that a big one is better. I started out with a small cutter and had a larger one within 3 months.

Cutting and applying the name shouldn't take more than 5 minutes at most. I could do it in 2 but I've been doing this for awhile.

Vinyl,just about any vinyl would last as long as the kid needs a step stool.

Cast vinyl is supposedly more durable than calendered.

Guest fivestar

I agree with John, trust me you WILL use it for more then just the step stools.  I orginally bought mine to do barn stars and glass block nightlights and now I am doing it full-time with t-shirts and vehicle graphics along with my computer repair business.  I still cutout graphics for the wife's flower shop but I use it ALOT more for different projects then what I orginally purchased it for.

Also for step stools I would use regular calendared vinyl, it should hold up fine for you.