Sign in to follow this  
Sweet_Ts

To anyone reviewing these trying to make an educated decision

I would highly recommend NOT buying a MH-721....it is junk....just look though these post under any topic...I have had nothing but troubles with mine since the day it came out of the box. Mainboards smoking a week after I bought it..hours on this forum trying to get it dialed in and it still won't make clean cuts, I waste more vinyl with this cutter than I've ever sold off of it...I'm done with it...my father always told me you get what you pay for and it really rings true with these.

I have one and I have made a lot of money. It is an entry level cutter, so dont expect to get the same cuts a Roland would give you, but it works real good for me and many others.

Could it be the operator?

Guest fivestar

LMAO.......I love posts like these.  In case nobody ever told you, this is actually a tech support forum so you're going to see ALOT of problem posts.  I've got 2 of these machines and they will cut any cut a Roland does.

I'll give you $10.00 for yours, if it's as bad as you say it is then that's $10.00 more then you have now.

I've had a 721 since summer and I love it.  I use it a lot more than I expected to.  I had a little problem getting it to work since I use USB and Vista, but it worked using the information on this site and the setup information that came with the cutter. 

I have had one problem since but it was corrected through tech supprort.  I am glad I didn't have any more problems than that.  I would buy another one if needed.

Gary

Hate to disagree...had mine for going on 2 weeks now....it makes every cut my cousins Roland makes....in fact he turned a shade of green when he saw what mine could do when I told him what I payed for it.  Do you take a chance of having some problems?  Yes....but I feel confident in the support that I have seen on these forums and feel that issues can be resolved.  It is an entry level cutter, its not going to withstand years of heavy abuse, but its getting the job done now in a good way.  So if you are looking at these cutters...I say go for it.  MH-871

Btw....I will have my cutter and my first order of vinyl payed off by the 3rd week of owning the cutter.  If it blows up at that point technically it owes me nothing.  And I seriously doubt it will.

LMAO.......I love posts like these.  In case nobody ever told you, this is actually a tech support forum so you're going to see ALOT of problem posts.  I've got 2 of these machines and they will cut any cut a Roland does.

I'll give you $10.00 for yours, if it's as bad as you say it is then that's $10.00 more then you have now.

hey 5 , Your post has me laughing remembering another thread with that offer in it ...  ;D

Have you tried contacting USCutter directly? If that is where you bought it I'm sure they will help you out.

I have a 721 and a LP, Both are great, if I had any gripe about the refine is that is is noisier than the LP, as far as functionality goes, its great.. Dont forget US Cutter is not charging you for the replacement board.

Wayne

If you have a troubled unit, we do stand behind it.

And yes, of course you will see nothing but problems listed in this section, it is a SUPPORT forum after all.....

I had a Ford F100 years ago that didn't make it to 80,000 miles before the engine blew. Many other problems.Therefor, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy an F100. Never mind all those millions who never have problems.

Point is,only a fool would condemn an entire product line on his one experience with one machine.Things happen.Occasionaly, a bad one gets out.If I listened to people, I would never buy a Dell computer,a Sony TV,or a Memorex DVD player.

Ever had a crap burger from McD's, Buger King, etc? I know I have.....but do I still eat at these places? You bet. Maybe not so much once they yank my kidney out next Wed.

:rolleyes:

Guest fivestar

I would never buy a Dell computer

Yeah but I really wouldn't buy a Dell.  :rolleyes:;);D

hope you wont all think less of me but all I buy is Dells, *ducks the vinyl being thrown at him*  I used to be a compaq man, till that went away.  I have been in the computer market for 20 or so years and one of my first computer jobs I started out building brand new 386s with huge 40meg hard drives. But I have had it with building computers, its a pain in the ass and not worth my time considering they are dirt cheap from Dell..

IMHO

Wayne

Wayne hate to disagree with you....but building your own computer is the ONLY way to go.  It takes me less time to build a computer from scratch and install the operating system than it takes me to get rid of all the bloatware that most machines come installed with.  My machines are a little more pricey than a dell, but they run alot faster cooler and will last longer too!

Of course I stand on both feet, I have a high end custom computer, and love my dirt cheap refine cutter...it works great!

I guess to each their own! LOL

Guest fivestar

Wayne hate to disagree with you....but building your own computer is the ONLY way to go.  It takes me less time to build a computer from scratch and install the operating system than it takes me to get rid of all the bloatware that most machines come installed with.  My machines are a little more pricey than a dell, but they run alot faster cooler and will last longer too!

Of course I stand on both feet, I have a high end custom computer, and love my dirt cheap refine cutter...it works great!

I guess to each their own! LOL

LMAO..... I am the same way.  I build custom computers and repair Dell, Compaq, HP, and all other brands and I would never ever think of buying an "off the shelf" machine.  I put a little more $$$$ into mine but they are 10 times the machines as the off the shelf brands.

Also I own 2 Refines.  :P:):thumbsup:

well one thing we can all agree on is that the refine kicks ass no matter what computer you use it on!, lol

Wayne

Guest fivestar

LOL.......well everyone except for the OP of the thread.