DanielB

My First Coroplast Sign..........

This is our very first coroplast sign, and a hard one it was.  3 different colors and a difficult layering process.  The yellow is under the "O"'s in the Wood and the yellow is on top of the W & D.  I dont know if we are going to be able to get enough out of these to make it worth our time to do them.  How much would you charge for this sign.  Then again it may also be that we are new at this but it just seemed to take a WHILE!!!!!!  about an hour to put in all together from cut to finish and we only did one side! Any suggestions?

post-3968-12986531116381_thumb.jpg

post-3968-12986531126267_thumb.jpg

hey that look like u been doing it for a while there.  shhh! don't tell anybody ur a newbie, cause they would never know by that piece of art. lol depending on what size it is as far as cost.

looks like it will pass the 50mph test, one of the most important factors in my book, if it can be read at 50mph it gets a pass, otherwise, time & sign are wasted. IMHO

thesignexpert says $31.05 for 3 color 18x24" 1 sided and $41.40 if it's 24x24"

Thanks jhon.  I was hoping that was the case.  The guy im doing this for has been getting printed signs but they dont look as good.  This by far has got more detail.  The other signs are 3 colors but like I said are printed so I dont know if my price will be competetive.  The other ones are 2 sided.  I dont know how people can be competitive with just layered vinyl when it seems printing is cheaper and faster.  any input on that anyone? lol

to be honest, off the bat if the customer is used to getting screen printed signs, you cannot compete. They are getting hundreds for a few bucks each and us small guys can't compete with that. Best thing to tell him would be more than likely who you were getting the printed signs through is setup to do just that so that's how they can charge low prices.

Ok yeah that sucks.  Actually the signs he has now are printed on white vinyl and then laid on the coroplast, but probably still the same and cheap.  Although Im sure the layering will get faster the more and more I do.

Ok yeah that sucks.  Actually the signs he has now are printed on white vinyl and then laid on the coroplast, but probably still the same and cheap.  Although Im sure the layering will get faster the more and more I do.

Oh in that case i think you should be fine. There's a guy around here who does that and he still gets premium pricing for them.

Hey jhon if you dont mind, what does it say the price should be for a 3 color 2 sided.

looks good dont worry speed comes in with the practice about it being alot of work oh yeah sure is shop around call some local sign shops to see how much they will charge you to do the job. You wont take the whole cookie home but you wont lose that customer.About pricing me over here in southern california charge $20.00 single sided and $30.00 for dbl sided thats for a 18x24 single color know the 24x24 are $30.00 single and $40.00 dbl sided those are my prices. Now three colors are 18x24= $30.00 single and $40.00 fir dbl. my 24x24 three colors are $40.00 for single and $50.00 for dbl