Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

transfer Tape not sticking to

the corners. Does anyone know why the transfer tape rolls up on the corners and sides when its put on. I have enduro mask high tack from Sign Warehouse and 4075 from USCutters and they both do it. The vinyl is Oracal 651 from Sign Warehouse. Could it be the waxy coat on the vinyl backing.

I have seen some that does not roll up and is white and it don't roll up at all. I have some decals I have had for 4 months and the tape is still on it.

Nancy

the corners. Does anyone know why the transfer tape rolls up on the corners and sides when its put on. I have enduro mask high tack from Sign Warehouse and 4075 from USCutters and they both do it. The vinyl is Oracal 651 from Sign Warehouse. Could it be the waxy coat on the vinyl backing.

I have seen some that does not roll up and is white and it don't roll up at all. I have some decals I have had for 4 months and the tape is still on it.

Nancy

No but you can get clear contact paper at your local wal-mart and works just fine..

That is happening to me with some rtape I bought and some shinerite vinyl. It seems to work better with oracals vinyl though.

Guest sciondrgn

Using Endura Perfect Tear with Oracal with no issues.. over time if the graphics sit and have large areas where there is no vinyl it has a tendency to release from the backing because its not really meant to stick to that.

What I do Guys, is cut the transfer tape about 1/2 inch wider than the vinyl backing and fold it over on all 4 sides.  It then never lifts, and all you need to is trim the edges just before application.  I sell decals at swap meets, this allows me carry and store decals for long periods without any lifting problems

What I do Guys, is cut the transfer tape about 1/2 inch wider than the vinyl backing and fold it over on all 4 sides.  It then never lifts, and all you need to is trim the edges just before application.  I sell decals at swap meets, this allows me carry and store decals for long periods without any lifting problems

I do exactly the same. I make up a lot of race car graphics and numbers and most of the guys like to have a few extra on hand when they travel to races. I give them to them just like that so that they stay nice and neat in the transporter until they need to be used.

I have had some decals stored in shops and transporters for 5-6 months at a time and still look perfect when they are ready to be applied. I use 651 Oracal vinyl and the R-Tape Clear Choice app tape.

--Cory