What printer do you use?

USCutter is looking into carrying a line of printers. I would like to know what printer everyone uses for printing graphics onto vinyl. It would also be nice if you included how your experience with this machine has been and whether or not you recommend it. Thanks in advance everyone!

i have two epson photo 2200 printers, one hp photosmart 7760, hp laser jet 6l. i have the 2 epsons because i found them on craigs list separately for $30 each. i plan to try and build a direct to garment printer with one of them. i have had the photosmart for a while. i bought it before i got into stickers and graphics just to have a color printer i could print the occasional picture and invoices with. the laser jet 6l i got for free on craigs list. it is great for printing invoices. as i eluded earlier i want to print on garments, i also would like to contour cut printed stickers. but i have yet to master the laserpoints contour feature. hope this helps.

bb

I've got a 24 inch Epson, prints real nice on certain materials, for mostly indoor use. If you are going to become a dealer, go with industry standard printers, Roland, Mutoh etc. solvent based for sure. I like the Summa printer/cutter, just for the fact you don't have to run it everyday, but then your limited in some materials. When I get enough business to purchase a solvent printer, it will more than likely be a VersaCamm.

From what I have read in the other posts we have going on the subject the Epsons seem to be the most popular. What I am looking for is a specific model if at all possible.

Five, mostly we want to hear is who has had good/bad luck with printing on vinyl and what printers they were using. We really are not sure which direction we are going to go with this so I figured I would ask you guys about your experiences.

Guest fivestar

Levi I use Epson C120 which is a standard Epson inkjet.  But man I'd love to see you guys get wide format printers cheap.  I know that's almost asking the world, but US Cutter did bring cutters to the market cheap.  Which I'm sure ALOT of people didn't think was possible.

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. Keep'em coming!

hp color laser 3600, epson cx7440, would love to see wide format color laser printer at reasonable cost.

in the past have used ricoh, minolta, samsung, lexmark, and brother all laser. my fav was the ricoh minolta, and lexmark but the toners were to expensive and scarce.

Are you asking for wide format, desk top, solvent, pigment, eco-solvent etc??? Print/cut? What use is it for, wraps, heat transfers, banners, vehicle magnets, beer fridge magnets??? There's a right tool for the job, and then there's other stuff. Are ya'll gonna carry the printable media too? Wrap vinyl, sign vinyl, indoor?? I've got a 24 inch Epson Stylus Pro, makes a great t-shirt transfer, beer fridge magnets, computer skins etc., not worth a crap for anything that's gonna be outside any length of time, that's where ya have to have a solvent printer.

Are any of the Creation printers any good?

http://www.pcut-cn.com/eproducts/prodetail.php?proid=317

That is what I have been trying to find out.  Also I have been trying to find a price on these darn things and nobody will ever email me back for the inquiries I have done.

Same here. it looks like they have a nice line up of products

Guest fivestar

That is what I have been trying to find out.  Also I have been trying to find a price on these darn things and nobody will ever email me back for the inquiries I have done.

You see this?  http://www.tootoo.com/d-rp13200021-Pcut_Vinyl_Cutter_With_Optical_Sensor/  It's got an optical sensor for contour cutting plus a servo motor....hhhmmm.

You see this?  http://www.tootoo.com/d-rp13200021-Pcut_Vinyl_Cutter_With_Optical_Sensor/  It's got an optical sensor for contour cutting plus a servo motor....hhhmmm.

Looks nice! but i can't find any place to buy one  :'(

Are you asking for wide format, desk top, solvent, pigment, eco-solvent etc??? Print/cut? What use is it for, wraps, heat transfers, banners, vehicle magnets, beer fridge magnets??? There's a right tool for the job, and then there's other stuff. Are ya'll gonna carry the printable media too? Wrap vinyl, sign vinyl, indoor?? I've got a 24 inch Epson Stylus Pro, makes a great t-shirt transfer, beer fridge magnets, computer skins etc., not worth a crap for anything that's gonna be outside any length of time, that's where ya have to have a solvent printer.

We will be doing large format printers sometime in the future. For the time being we are looking at stocking something more affordable. I knew that a lot of you guys were experimenting with printing on vinyl with regular printers so I thought I would ask around to figure out who likes what.

We actually will be getting a wider variety of printable vinyl in a few days from Sizer. Currently we carry a limited supply of Oracals Orajet but only in ~50" wide rolls. :

Five that looks a lot like the new pcut I have in here for testing. They added a few things, but I don't think the model they sent us has an optical eye. Probably because they want to continue selling us the Laserpoint :huh:

We will be doing large format printers sometime in the future. For the time being we are looking at stocking something more affordable. I knew that a lot of you guys were experimenting with printing on vinyl with regular printers so I thought I would ask around to figure out who likes what.

We actually will be getting a wider variety of printable vinyl in a few days from Sizer. Currently we carry a limited supply of Oracals Orajet but only in ~50" wide rolls. :

Five that looks a lot like the new pcut I have in here for testing. They added a few things, but I don't think the model they sent us has an optical eye. Probably because they want to continue selling us the Laserpoint :huh:

it looks like a laserpoint with a paint job.

bb

Guest fivestar

Yes but it has an optical sensor and a servo motor.  So there's a little more then a paint job added to it. :huh:

Don't forget the new SD card slot. I wonder how that works.. can you cut directly from the cutter if you plug an SD card in? hmmmm sounds like fun.