Sign in to follow this  
Vinyl Works

Blade depth changes while cutting!

I have tried to adjust the blade and no help.  I'm running the COPAM CP4050 on the stock settings for 40/100/.25.  When I send a job(no metter if it is a box, letters, or numbers) the blade starts so deep it cuts through the hold paper and finishes the cut so light it does not scratch the vinyl. See Picture.

Words from the gurus?

post-4021-12986530862844_thumb.gif

post-4021-12986530877076_thumb.gif

more likely the cutting strip being uneven than the blade depth changing

Okay, I have had a lot of down time, not good for business.  There is a major gap between the blade and cutting strip.  From the starting point to the center of the cutting strip, the blade "tip" height changes about 1/16", that

No, but for troubleshooting purposes, we should find out the cause of the issue...

Ken is right. The first step is to try and troubleshoot the problame and fix it without you having to ship it back at your expense. If the cutting strip is bowed in the center as you said,it could be as simple as the cutting strip having come up,and all you have to do is press it back down.Things like that do happen during shipping. Have you even tried?

i just started having this problem after i changed a blade. in my case, it's definitely not the cutting strip (i already checked that). and the spots where it's cutting shallow are not consistent - i.e. it's not in the same area every time.

i too have a shit ton of jobs to do and this is really stressing me out.

I had the same problem when I first started using it. I wasnt getting the locking ring tight enough to lock the blade adjuster secure, it was slipping in the holder.

Well I found my main problem tonight. The clamp that holds the knife holder was breaking around the screw threads. Now Im down till new part arrives. :'(

If you are still reading the posting .. I have a question .. I am buying a CP 2500 as I understand it will cut the thicker materials used for sandblasting .. I see you the same only having trouble at this point . I was wondering if you got that figured out and if so would you mind advising me if in fact the CP 2500 will work and so on..

Procase

Lee :)