DanielB

First Layerd Graphic

This is my first layered graphic.  It turned out ok, still got some work to do though!!

post-3968-12986530642231_thumb.jpg

post-3968-12986530659508_thumb.jpg

You can't do the second one until you do the first one  :D

Nice job, it came out well.

Jon

You can't do the second one until you do the first one  :D

Nice job, it came out well.

Jon

Now this is true! LOL!! I want to try one but for reason I'm stumped on how to do it! I have watched the few videos on youtube, i still dont get it!

Renee

I just designed the graphic, then shadowed it.  Next I made my own square registration marks just above the vinyl in each color, then overlayed the squares (these squares go on both sides at the top, 4 total).  Then go to cut and cut each color and put the shadowed color you cut on the bottom without transfer tape and take the top layer off its backing with transfer tape, like the squares up and there ya go.  Thats the way I did it, ive done it twice now.  Im still a newbie so if anybody else has another way to do it, I will be all ears!  Thanks everyone.

thanx Daniel for the explaination! I have no idea why I have been afraid to try this. What software are you using, I'll be getting SignBlazer tomorrow with my new cutter, I have been using the roland sticka12 with cut studio software, I never did see anything about shadow and if I did I didnt know what it meant...lol

Renee

You know one of the good things about layering is that if it is off a little bit people never know if you meant the outline to be offset or not, so no matter what most of them still look good...