Benr98

The coldest you've installed store front graphics?

I have a little lettering to do on a store front....was wondering what is the lowest temp you have installed graphics?

Thanks

for me... about 40 degrees. it was my first store front, and actually my first customer paying job... i was a nervous wreck!  :thumbsup:

40? lol...that's a heat wave my friend!  ;)

Yes my first store front was scary too....but they thankfully do get better.

It's only 12 here now...a bit to cold in my opinion...might have to wait till we get a 30 degree day! Hmmmm..wonder what month that will be?  :thumbsup:

Jenny you might be in luck, they are calling for 30's next week around here. I know you are about 1.5 hrs north but maybe you'll get lucky and have a break too.

I'm not concerned with the snow, cause it's been 34 out and snowing...good temps for applying vinyl...but it can also be 10 above and snowing...BIG difference!  :angel:

Guest fivestar

Jenny I'd have to say 30ish myself.  I've laid decals on windows when it's been down around 10-15 but they was a PIA and they was small.  I'd hate to try to do a store front in those temps.

Thanks Five, I was thinking the same thing....I'd like 32 or better really.  Thin lines of vinyl etc, tend to peel up quick if the temps are below that.

Some of the store front has thin lines and that is one of my biggest concerns, even when I use 'Rapid Tac II'

25 deg. for me.

It was only a car decal, and I used Rapid Tac 2.

My fingers were dead when I was done! :-

I'm new at this and I did a 3 layer, 2 layer, and a single on a bobcat and a mini excavator at 17F. I only used rapidtac 1 and its been holding up strong for a couple months now. I did notice with clear app tape the signs tweaked when they were exposed to the cold. But it was nice because the clear was easy to pull off so I could apply paper app to the layered signs for wet application. If that makes any sense. I'm still a n00b and going through trial an error.