Sign in to follow this  
shadowpeople

Device Settings for Signcut x2 on Mac osx 10.11...It's not recognizing my cutter

Hi-

I'm running Mac OSX 10.11 with a UScutter MH 721 through the USB port. I'm trying to use Signcut X2 but when I'm setting it up I get this line in my device set up:

/dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

I've installed the FTDUSBSerialDriver and PL2303_1.2.1 driver but still I get that message.

I've been using my cutter through Parallels using SignBlazer pro and Windows recognizes the cutter but for some reason this Bluetooth message is overriding my MH721 in OSX.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I'm really sick of switching between Windows and my Mac OS.

Thank you!

Some macs have trouble recognizing the ftdi chipset in the refine, many users need to use a Keyspan adapter to resolve the issue. The Keyspan solves about 99% of the communication problems associates with refines.

First be sure you are using the correct ftdi driver for your OS you may find the most current drivers here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usa19hs/

Here's yet, another complaint of mine..

Is the FTDI driver necessary or not?

Why?

Because on one day Mac users need it.  The next day, I read that the OEM in China switched the board and chipset-which isn't compatible with FTDI kernel drivers.  Literally one hour after that, I read (not in the Mac Users Forum), that the Refine won't work with Mac OS systems if the bottom of the Refine is black.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT?  I CANNOT BELIEVE THE LACK OF SUPPORT PLUS THE UTTER IGNORANCE OF THE TECH SUPPORT AS IT IS.

4 posts & this member has me cracking up & thnking he should have been a comedian . Ken's statement is  " absurd " in 1 post  ... & now "  THE UTTER IGNORANCE OF THE TECH SUPPORT AS IT IS "

I wonder what people who get this upset over trivial things do when something serious happens :thumbsup:  ;D

Where is my Ole buddy 5 when he is needed ;D   ;D ;D ;D

Here's yet, another complaint of mine..

Is the FTDI driver necessary or not?

Why?

Because on one day Mac users need it.  The next day, I read that the OEM in China switched the board and chipset-which isn't compatible with FTDI kernel drivers.   Literally one hour after that, I read (not in the Mac Users Forum), that the Refine won't work with Mac OS systems if the bottom of the Refine is black.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT?  I CANNOT BELIEVE THE LACK OF SUPPORT PLUS THE UTTER IGNORANCE OF THE TECH SUPPORT AS IT IS.

If the USB chipset on your cutter is FTDI- then yes, the Mac would need the FTDI USB drivers installed, so your Mac knows what the heck you are plugging in to it.

If you got one of the odd USB chipset MH series cutters- then FTDI drivers will not do you any good. When you had it working on Parallels, was it an FTDI USB driver that was installed- or one of the Cutting Plotter drivers? This will at least let us know for certain.

At any rate- try a Serial to USB adaptor, such as a name brand adaptor with known good Mac drivers.

Utter ignorance? Well, I have heard it can be bliss, but unfortunately I cannot ignore our customers. I actually take pride in assisting whomever I can. I think you are just frustrated, and I would be too in your position. Computers are a never ending headache, but with so many different programs you can install or download, and with so many different pieces of hardware you can hook up- well, what do we expect, really? Chipset/ Driver manufacturers cannot keep up when there is an endless amount of different configurations out in the world, with new OS's every other year. It is impossible to test their drivers with each and every single different configuration a computer can have- PC or Mac. So, there will always be conflicts, period.

So, the cutter works great on Parallels? We know the cutter is fine then.

Your particular Mac not liking the FTDI Mac USB drivers? Try another Mac....perhaps one without conflicts.

or

Try a Serial to USB adaptor

I love it when people blame the cutter for problems like this. I was once told by Jerry Bonham that it's not just Macs, it's the same with windows. Lack of support from the software maker.

Bottom line..if you want a computer that is mostly compatable with just about everything out there...don't buy a Mac.

The original poster Shawdow is having the problems & asked nicely  :thumbsup: , the rude member ewe is just interjecting problems he has read about  ( I need a thumbs down icon here  ;D ) . I hope Shawdow gets the problem resolved !    ewe , I hope stops the rude behavoir or goes away !