whiteknuckleairlines

best practices with registration marks...

I have been doing some multi layer vinyl and it seems like I can never get them quite straight when I layer them.  Currently I setup my art and then manually enter a few registration marks on top to use when putting the layers together...

Is this the best way?  Where do you usually line up the registration marks?  The top point?  the middle where they cross?  it seems like I even get some inconsistancy in the size of my registration marks.

Is it better to put in your own marks? Or is it better to use the automatic registration marks option? :thumbsup:

This guy is very good at it. It looks like he has them top aligned.

I put them in manually, if you have the the grid turned on you can see how they track the grid line automatically.

In Flexi --> View --> Show --> Show Grid

I put them in manually, I choose a color that is not used in the graphic, & have it cut with each layer, I have found that a small pentagon works best for me.

Dylan, I don't think my program has automatic registration marks. I'm using SignblazerElements. How can I put them in manually? I tried to put a + sign on each side of the design, then copy them, but don't have any luck with that at all.Sandy

SBE does not have registration marks built in, a couple of small pentagons work best for me but here is a registration mark that can be used in SBE if you like. 

The pentagon, gives you a point to start with the top edges to align & the bottom sides & bottom plate to verify alignment.

1-registration-mark.SBD

1-reg-mark.eps

1-reg-mark2.eps

1-registration-mark.SBD

1-reg-mark.eps

1-reg-mark2.eps