JoeCamaro

Problems with Signcut and USCutter Plotter

Hi there

I just got a plotter and Installed it. I spent about 5 hours trying to get something cut with it but no luck.

Ok you will say "We told you". I see it coming.

I got this US Cutter Refine MH 721 with SignCut software. The plotter cuts the test square, but I cant cut anything a design. I try to open an EPS I made but I cant, then I wrote something in the program and tried to cut it but nothing happens. I think it is a comunnication problem, but I cant figure it out. I read the (not so good, not so specific) manual and I have done everything but cant get to get it working.

Signcut seems to be such a basic cheapo software (correct me if Im wrong).

Do anyone of you use SignCut? Have you ever had this same problem? How did you fix it? What can possibly be wrong (other than I didnt buy the Roland)

Thank you

I think that signcut targets the male consumer with there instructions in order to save costs.

How many guys read instructions... I only do when all else fails.

Joe, I replied to your other post... That should get you up and cutting... let me know if you need anything else.

Sounds like the same problem I was having, what setup are you using? LPT1 or usb? I could not get my cutter to work using lpt1 so I purchased the keyspan adapter and I have had no problems. I also am able to create art in coreldraw 12, in the menu bar is a small rocket, click on that and it will import directly into signcut, cuts without a problem.

kev

I have read in a few places that the usual solution was to get the keyspan, USB to serial. I Think Ill try what taterd said then Ill buy the Keyspan if it doesnt work.

Thank you.

If you have a refine plotter and a Windows PC, then the key span probably wouldnt help you at all

Keyspan only for a mac running a copam

Hey Tater actually Keyspan is also available for pc Connects an RS-232 serial device to the USB port on a PC, I currently use this setup running a PC/windows xp signcut and mh721 works great for me. I did not have a serial port so this converts your usb to serial using com port. www.keyspan.com for more info

kevin

Ok, yes, Keyspan will work, however, there are not any problems with the on board USB and Windows...

Why did you go to the Key Span? is your plotter one of the older models without the on board USB installed on the machine?

Tater,

I tried connecting directly to the usb port but, I just did not have any success. It would communicate but not cut, yellow light would come on then just freeze up.  Seemed like everyone was having better luck using a serial connection, thats when I decided to try the adapter, being I had no serial port on my machine. It was pretty straight forward setup as well, just had to figure out which com it was setup on and it works great. I've cut about 4 jobs with thermoflex 2 pretty detailed and about 15 jobs total so far it works great! Thanks for all of you guys help!

kevin

:D

Sounds like maybe a driver issue with the USB emulator...

But glad you are up and runnnig...

I finally got it!!!!! My plotter is cutting! I am so glad... What did I do? I just got a new USB cable. Plain regular USB Cable. The one that came with the device seemed to be damaged cuz my pc wast receiving any signal, but as soon as I installed the new one it said "Found new Hardware" and it cuts. I am very thankful for all your cooperation and suggestions.

Mine had absolutely no communication with LPT1.

When I got home last night, went to SignCut, DL'd their instructions. They said to use Serial rather than parallel as the preferred, and to choose Refine 1, then try Refine 2, then Refine (something) as the preferred driver.

Works, now, but it might have worked with Refine 1 and parallel, if I had loaded those rather than Refine 721.

No matter, it works, which is better than last night. I had a computer, I had a cutter, I had no combination of the 2. Now I do.

Cheers,

George