cutme

my new toy

here is a kinda dark picture of the acetaline cannon i made for tonight. it is or was a three inch by three foot bollard. you know the pipe bolted to the ground in front of the mini mart to keep you from parking in the mini mart. it is really loud!

bb

post-2091-12986529792092_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986529798256_thumb.jpg

My brother-in-law & I made a 8 cylinder version of that 1 time ( 3" pipe ). Used a chevy distributer to fire it with a string wrapped around the shaft . had it in a pick-up truck . it only fired 5 cylinders , but I felt the truck push forward . The neighbors we didn't like , didn't seem to like the noise as much as we did  ;) . After the cops & bomb squad showed up .. we decided to leave that noise maker buried . It was hilarious , everybody around a campfire holding hotdogs & beer , smiling like a opossum when the law showed up . The cop tried to be serious , but laughed as hard as we did because he was VERY familiar with the situation .

Used a chevy distributer to fire it with a string wrapped around the shaft . had it in a pick-up truck . it only fired 5 cylinders , but I felt the truck push forward .

Just like a chevy to miss like that.

that one is rare, 1972 it has a bench seat in the front and the spare tire is under the seat in stead of in the back.

bb

I lightened up your picture for you

thanks wasatchcars, i forgot to use the flash and everything was put away before i realised it. i need to learn how to do that.

bb

Used a chevy distributer to fire it with a string wrapped around the shaft . had it in a pick-up truck . it only fired 5 cylinders , but I felt the truck push forward .

Just like a chevy to miss like that.

Wel .. it had Autolite plugs  :D

when i was a mechanic, the joke was " they autolite because they are spark plugs". i prefer ngk spark plugs they are better.

bb

I'm thinking Jay is a Ford Guy with the Chevy comment  ;) , So the Autolite thing was a jab at Ford's  ;D

NGK plug guys are usually Motorcycle guys or import :D

I like all the brands of cars & parts as long as they do the job . I'm so impressed with my Copam from US Cutter !!!  They do a great job at a fraction of the cost of the known big name cutters .. just like Toyota was years ago & Hyundai is now  :D

Hey Rodger, nothing wrong with Toyota!  I love my Rav4!  ;)

that one is rare, 1972 it has a bench seat in the front and the spare tire is under the seat in stead of in the back.

bb

cool :D I love it, my brother has a 55 panel

Wayne

Hey Rodger, nothing wrong with Toyota!  I love my Rav4!  :D

I AGREE !!!  ( remember that phase ? :D ) I was comparing Toyota when they were 1rst imported , they were the bottom of the bucket so to speak , cheap etc .. but their quality proved them valuable & worthy , they are at the top of the list now . The same thing is going to happen with Hyundai now. Hyundai makes HUGE earthmoving equipment . The same thing with the cutters that US Cutter sells . Inexpensive & many people think inferior , but they will continue to prove valuable & worthy . As was said in another thread Sig*******se had rude comments about the Chinease cutters when US Cutter started selling them , now I've read they sell them . I can spell Hypocrites correctly  ;D

I'm thinking Jay is a Ford Guy with the Chevy comment  :D , So the Autolite thing was a jab at Ford's  :D

Ford is the one brand I have never owned. Currrently have a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, Nissan 350Z (my avatar) and my wife just purchased a Toyota Matrix AWD. Bought it at a good time with all the snow we have been hit with. I would say I was a Dodge Guy. No foul menat by knocking Chevy.

I understand & enjoy the humor  :D  most of the time a Ford fan or a Chevy fan would have a humorous jab at the other . Never has seemed to be a triangle with Mopars . I was a Chevy guy when I drag raced . Now I don't care as long as the price is right . In Big Trucks , I like them with Cummins engines apposed to Caterpillar because they are ALOT cheaper to repair & rebiuld .