Pistonpump

Looking for some feed back on our website.  It still a work in progress but would like your opinions.

Thanks

George

just myself i would leave out home based business

I like it though

ditto that ;D

Believe it or not I have had more customers come to me because of the home based business slogan.  I had a customer right off the get go say he was looking for a good relationship and he would rather deal with a home based business than a regular business with a store front.  I just quoted him .70 cents cheaper on a contour cut decal and he won't have to pay shipping to get them.  Times are tight for everyone.  When you order 100 decals at a time it adds up real fast.  Im still making over 2 bucks profit on top of it per decal.

I appreciate the feedback.   I do plan on opening up a store front in the future.  Its just gonna take some time.  If I can keep things rolling this time next year it could be a reality.   Just wondering....anyone else doing this out of there house?

Thanks

George

Believe it or not I have had more customers come to me because of the home based business slogan.  I had a customer right off the get go say he was looking for a good relationship and he would rather deal with a home based business than a regular business with a store front.  I just quoted him .70 cents cheaper on a contour cut decal and he won't have to pay shipping to get them.  Times are tight for everyone.  When you order 100 decals at a time it adds up real fast.  Im still making over 2 bucks profit on top of it per decal.

I appreciate the feedback.   I do plan on opening up a store front in the future.  Its just gonna take some time.  If I can keep things rolling this time next year it could be a reality.   Just wondering....anyone else doing this out of there house?

Thanks

George

I believe it. A lot of people work at home these days...millions...and most people know that if you work at home,you are more likely to spend the extra time to get it just right. I have never made a secret of the fact that my shop is at my house...and I have more work than I really want.

Personally,no matter what I am buying, I go for the small home based sellers first.

My goal is to get enough business to keep my wife at home all day.  We work Opposite shifts which is fine but I am the one who scrafices my social life.  It keeps my Son out of day care etc.  Its worth it but it does get old.  The one thing that I have noticed is being on 3rd shift I have time to visit customers during the day and still get some sleep.  The part of the business I do is mostly with Industrial customers. 

Anyway...Happy new years everyone!

George

I work from home too George, don't necessarily tell clients one way or the other though. John is right that we tend to take more care in getting their order perfect than if it's a production project. I believe you will reap the rewards of not having to put your children in daycare. It's worth the sacrifice!

I am a stay at home Mommy of three and I won't be caught dead leaving my kids in a day care these days either John. I understand some parents have no options , but if they do...babies are only babies for so long then they grow old and you miss everything.  A Home Based Business is more popluar these days and respected...I would order form you to keep Mom and Pops business alive.  USCUTTER was small at one point but now they are growing like crazy, you gotta start somewhere :D

Happy New Year

Dazzel

Thanks

George

I run my complete sign company out of my house.  i have my office downstairs, my garage for Illuminated & Channel Lettering Signage wiring and putting them together, My shed i the back houses all repair supplies (Lamps, Ballasts, Sockets, Wiring, etc..), and i have a storage place for old signs from previous installations that just needed to be refurbished, but the customer wanted a new sign!

I LOVE working from home...the flexible is second to none.

I wouldn't mind having a small storefront some day...but right now I'm happy with low overhead.

food for thought. there is nothing wrong with running ur business from home, been doing it for years.

i learned from some very rich folks, such as lawyers, dentists, and such. they have been doing it for years and they love it. recently i was doing a little advertising, and i found a lot of small businesses that had rented spaces had gone clean out of business, i know the economy is bad, but man i was shocked.

all of them was located along the same highway. it looked like a ghost town.

if u want a building and u own ur property, do what i did, husband and a contractor friend build a room in back of my house. that was in 2000, ran out room in house. now a couple kids done moved out, one of the rooms in the house is the front office with just a couple of printers, my computer, cutter, copier, and work table, and of course a couple of customer chairs. in the back shop, we have the heat presses, paper, blank apparel, and other stuff folks don't need to see. lol  

i said that to say this, u can pay urself rent instead of leasing a building and with this economy right now u don't have to close ur doors when business gets bad like now. in closing, when i saw all of those small businesses close even one of my competitors who was just 10 minutes away, it was a sad sight to see. i called my husband at work and told him, " thank god i never let anyone talk me into renting a building cause we would be just like this. as i journeyed on that day, i held my head a little higher, and my smile got a little wider because i knew after all these years, yes! i made a wise decision to work from home.

food for thought. there is nothing wrong with running ur business from home, been doing it for years.

i learned from some very rich folks, such as lawyers, dentists, and such. they have been doing it for years and they love it. recently i was doing a little advertising, and i found a lot of small businesses that had rented spaces had gone clean out of business, i know the economy is bad, but man i was shocked.

all of them was located along the same highway. it looked like a ghost town.

if u want a building and u own ur property, do what i did, husband and a contractor friend build a room in back of my house. that was in 2000, ran out room in house. now a couple kids done moved out, one of the rooms in the house is the front office with just a couple of printers, my computer, cutter, copier, and work table, and of course a couple of customer chairs. in the back shop, we have the heat presses, paper, blank apparel, and other stuff folks don't need to see. lol  

i said that to say this, u can pay urself rent instead of leasing a building and with this economy right now u don't have to close ur doors when business gets bad like now. in closing, when i saw all of those small businesses close even one of my competitors who was just 10 minutes away, it was a sad sight to see. i called my husband at work and told him, " thank god i never let anyone talk me into renting a building cause we would be just like this. as i journeyed on that day, i held my head a little higher, and my smile got a little wider because i knew after all these years, yes! i made a wise decision to work from home.

So nicely said, girl!!

u may want to use family owned instead of home based. although when i talk to a lot of customers over the phone or just meeting, i do let them know if they ask.

Someone had asked about the promo items...yes I do them myself.  Bought a machine on ebay and its just a nice little piece to add to the business.  My wife does all the embroidery, we do the promo items together and i do the vinyl.  Its nice because my full time job I work 3rd shift to keep my son out of day care.  I will be teaching her how to do the cutter stuff soon.  I always wanted a customer to stop in and get everything from one place to advertise their own business.

So far it is working.  Can't wait to have enough business to go full time.

I also have another in that I wanted to pass along.  I work in the hydraulic business full time and I do a lot of installation of machines at customer sites and work along other contractors.  When time allows I pass along some samples of pens, tshirts and hats to the larger contractors.  So far its been working.  Sometimes its easier to go thru the back door than the front!  I have had more success when I have something to give them during a conversation than if I just pass along a business card.  The T-shirts and hats are the big winners for me.

Good Luck everyone and Happy New Year

Someone had asked about the promo items...yes I do them myself.  Bought a machine on ebay and its just a nice little piece to add to the business. 

If you don't mind, what machine did you buy on Ebay? I was looking at a few diff ones at a show but didn't check out Ebay.....always makes me nervous what you are getting. I'd like to be able to print pens and such.