Sign in to follow this  
slayde

software needed EH721 REFINE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

I NEED ART CUT I THINK??DONT HAVE A CLUE   

1 member has voted

1. 1. I NEED ART CUT I THINK??DONT HAVE A CLUE

• DRIVER DOWNLOAD
    • SETUP INSTUCTIONS STEP BY STEP

HI I HAVE A REFINE EH721 CUTTING PLOTTER I BOUGHT WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE,,,I KNOW ITS SILLY,,BUT CAN ANYONE HELP I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO SET THIS THING UP TO WORK ALL I KNOW IS PLUG IT IN TO THE POWER AND USE THE SERIAL OR USB TO MAKE IT RUN I HAVE BOTH BUT DIDNT REALIZE YOU NEED SOFTWARE TO INSTALL IT I THOUGHT IT WOULD INSTALL ITSELF BUT IT DIDNT WORK LIKE THAT??SO CAN ANYONE HELP WITH STEP BY STEP INSTUCTIONS AND SOFTWARE THAT WILL RUN THIS DAM MACHINE,I HAVE TRIED BLAZER BUT I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO I JUST INSTALLED IT THEN CONNECTED THE PLOTTER I THEN TRIED TO CUT AND IT KEPT COMMIN UP WITH ERRROR 52???LIKE I SAID I DONT HAVE A CLUE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME SIMPLE INSTUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS AND A LINK TO DOWN LOAD THEM OR SOMETHING I HAVE HAD MANY MANY LONG NIGHTS DOWNLOADING STUFF TO TRY AND GET IT TO WORK BUT NO LUCK I HAVE A COMPUTER WITH XP ON IT AND I ALSO HAVE A COMPUTER WITH VISTA BUT I WAS TOLD IT WONT WORK WITH VISTA BUT AGIAN I REALLY DONT KNOW?:huh:

You can try the unit out with SignBlazer. You should be able to find a link to download it in the Signblazer category.

ya i have downloaded signblazer and have tried the mh 721 software but still no responce to my plotter it kept on comin up with error 52 so i restored my computer after i spent hours of messin around with things to see if it would communicate with the plotter but nothing,,ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT AS I AM STARTING FROM SCRATCH AS IF I HAVE NEVER CONNECTED IT UP TO MY PC YET?:D?WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DOWNLOAD??

Where did you buy it at ? I'm thinking you don't have alot of computer skills . I don't either , but I do know that using all caps is like yelling & that doesn't get alot of favor shown .

usb cables need drivers , serial cables don't . Use a serial cable & go thru the settings VERY methodically . I have a copam & don't know about your cutter at all . Read the section here about your cutter & I'm sure many threads/posts about correct settings ( 99.99 % of all problems )

oops sorry na i dont have any computer skills at all i forgot to turn caps lock off once i started useing it i didnt mean any offence ya i relize they need drivers i just bought a usb cable from the commputer shop to go into a 9 pin plug and he gave me a cd with it i just thought that was my driver for my usb cable then when i plugged in the machine it would come up with found new hardware but it never did???i really dont have a clue and sorry again

Thats kewl  :D .

Thru the Holidays , It's been slow with Members on the board & US Cutter guys have been busy since some had vacation . Almost everybody here knows the frustration & overwhelmed feelings that comes from trying to do things without training or knowledge . Within a few days I'm sure somebody with that knowledge will help you . Stay patient & courtious & you will get help now that you are not yelling .

ok you downloaded SB,

are you running vista or xp?

usb port?

if you have signblazer downloaded, you need to first plug machine in,

do you have a test  buttom,

put vinyl in there and tell me if it cuts!

if it does,, you have to set up you SB to the right ports,,

I use vista usb...

in the SB, under set up.

See if the port, or com,

blazer /plotter is clicked on, if it is go down to the save button on bottom,

another button will come up, click, kingcut.

and save,,

when in signblazer, you will have to import your eps files,,

let me know where you are after checking this stuff out..

We will try to help you, is this a new cutter and have you also checked how your blade is,, if it is old,,,,,

ok i have done all of what you said and this is what happened well i first hit test and it cut a perfect little test,so that seems fine,then  i went to sb and hit cutter then hit setup i then selected mh721 as eh721 is not there,then com4 as i am useing a usb cabel with vista,i then hit kingcut ok then i tried to proceed to cut it and a box came up with cut tile so i hit this box and it said cutting i got all excited but then nothing happened only a printer came up on the bottiom of the screen i clicked on it and it says im useing a generic ibm graphics 9pin as my default printer is this right????it had document pending then next to it it had error printing?:D?do i need to set up a different printer or change something in my computer??thankyou so much for your help it has been appreciated hope to hear from you soon with some more ideas

it is in your setup,,

so we  know the cutter is working,,

are you using vista? usb?

go to setup,,

cutter, REfine MH721

Output,, blazer /cutting plotter.

hit, save and ok,, and then when the next screen comes up pick, king cut.

If this does not work, it is just the wrong port, you are using, each time i cut,, and turn my machine on,, I check these settings,,

also in sign blazer,, after you have sent the file to be cut,, check the left hand side,, how many colors do you see,if your item is black, on your screen make sure you have the black on checked,, this is where it tears the colors apart for you to cut the different layers,,

if it is blue, click on the blue one.

let me know how this goes, but stay calm,, it is just figure ing out which port to use,...

hi yes i am useing vista and a usb cabel,i just tried every port and nothing worked it just com up with the error message--cannot open the output device,error initializing cutter?:D? the one port that had no error straight away said it was cutting again but then the printer box popped up and said document pending and when i click on it it says document name --signblazer status--error printing i feel something is wrong hear,i clicked on cutter then settings then picked mh721 then on output i tried one at a time all the ports but nothing then i picked-- king cut usb a630 --as this is the only kingcut in there and the colour i chose was black as the writing was black that i was trying to cut is this correct???

ok now it sends the data to the cutter but the cutter is not responding the red light on the plotter stays on but my serial to usb lights up as the data gets sent to the plotter why would my plotter not be responding?;D?:D:D

hummm.. do have a usb , usb?

that is what i am using,, it may be something with the serial to usb...

I use straight usb, to usb.

when you go to cut, you are importing a eps right,,,,

can you send me the file so i can see if it comes up ok, in my sb.?

It is something with the ports i am sure, it is just getting the right combo, to work.

oh sorry i dint know you were asking if my plotter had usb no it doesnt it only has serial and a nine pin i never had any cords so i had to go buy an adapter from usb to the nine pin and thats what im useing cheers

all i am doing is opening sb and typing in a word and then hitting cut is that correct or am i doing something wrong??you are a great help sorry i am so stupid 

ok when i go into sb i go to cutter then setting then comm settings and i have changed the flow controll to none and it sends data to my plotter but it still doesnt respond if i change the flow controll to anything else it does not send data to my plotter

ok,, serial, i am not good with, but i will still try to help untill, banner john or fivestar, see your posts.

hang on i am going to go in my program, and see what i do,, if i have to do anything if i type from there, hang on

when you downloaded the program, you also downloaded the driver right? 2 separate things,,

I just found this info as well, is this the kind of cord you got?

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it

wow holy moly you have lost me lol,ok i downloaded the signblazer program but not a driver program i only downloaded the driver for the usb cable not the plotter???that might be our problem where do i get a driver program to download for the plotter do you know?:D

ok,, this is how i do it,, it may be different for different poeple, but this is how i do it.

made a word, like High School

Click    (Cutter)

check my( setup)

you will see High school and a cutter on the screen

look to your left and see the box with the color, left (click on the color)

go to toolbar, click (Cut)

Right hand box now says  (Cut tile )click on that

At the bottom of your screen you will see a large line turning green it is processing your words to cut, and you will see the lines and nodes on your words , your cutter should start there,,

If you get to this point and the cutter is not starting a cut then there is a problem that the seirial port is not pointing ti the right one.

before you do any of this,, i want you to boot down your monitor, and reconnect your cords to the plotter while it is turned off.

Let me know how this goes,, and also if you downloaded the serial driver,,, it is a seperate download,  uscutter.com has it listed in the download area.

sweet , it is most likely the driver then,,, ,, let me go and see if i can find a link for you,,

at uscutter....

cool thanks you have been so much help!!!!i cant thank you enough thanks i will wait to see if you can send me a link with the driver thanks again,,,i have to go out for a hour i will be back then cheers

ok, http://www.support.uscutter.com

go to the site,, and go to support, and then downloads, and then mh refine cutters,,

there is the download for the driver there,, you dont need it for serial but you do for usb,,

Great luck,,

I will check back in a bit, and if fivestart or banner john come on,, they might be able to help too,

the worst senerio is put in a support ticket for ken, and see if he is working tomorrow, leave him a message, he will return the email,, I am not sure if he is on holiday tomorrow or not!

The other option, is repost this,, as  Neep Help Serial to USB connection set up,,.. i think it will draw the attention of others who can help.. also..

MonkeyMeMe

Hi MMM & Slayde ,

Couple of things that effect this situation . I remember Ken saying the download of SignBlazer in this forum only works with cutters sold thru US Cutter . A search of SignBlazer on the web will result in other downloads . Reading this thread , it seems this is not a US Cutter plotter . If that's the case ,  I would doupt it qualifies for a support ticket . Mayby what the OP should do is buy a new cutter from US Cutter for a few hundred dollars thus not beat his head against the wall & wind up spending more than what a new cutter will cost . What could also work out is to hire or have a computer tech to fix the problem . VERY hard to troubleshoot in a forum situation . With a cutter from US Cutter , A tech will take over your computer thru a website & find out what the problem is . Just the tech support , warranty & software support is worth the cost of a new cutter IMHO . I suggest buying another cutter & using the cutter you have now for spare parts .