Sign in to follow this  
secas

lexan signs paint or vinyl?

Hello, For my first paying job I am going to be making some small lexan signs 8"x10". The customer would like the lettering on the backside, my original plan was to do 2 layers of vinyl black letters with a yellow background. It sounds simple enough but when I tried to do this I had a difficult time getting the yellow backing to stick tight against the edge of the letters leaving a shadow effect around the letters when looking at it from the front. How can I prevent this?

My second idea was to do a punch through background but it is difficult to line up and I am woried about the letters shrinking.

Now I am thinking abouting cutting out a mask and painting them with Krylon fusion and possibly applying a layer of vinyl on the backside on top of the paint.

Any suggestions on which might be the best way to go? If I use vinyl would oracal 651 still look good after say 5 years? Anybody use the krylon that may have suggestions or information on it's durability?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Shane

Is it 8"x10" or 8'x10'...

The smaller one you can do the registration mark method, but on the big one i would just lay each one separate wet.  i always do a wet install on big sign faces!