Sign in to follow this  
Jemmies

Does Flexisign 8.5 even work with a Refine cutter? It just cuts gibberish.

I have a new Refine MH721 which works perfect with Artcut software, but I am familiar with Flexisign and want to use it. When I send from Flexi sign, my machine just cuts weird triangular gibberish. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and have run out of ideas.

I'm currently using Roland PNC1000 driver on LPT1, I have tried several other drivers combined with all other cables and ports. No luck.

Can anyone help, I am desperate as I have jobs waiting. I have never had problems like this on previous cutters.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Does anyone actually have a Refine MH721 running off of Flexisign? Is it even possible?

I gave up on it and went to sginblazer.I am having much better results?

I think (just a newbie opinion here) i cant get the correct drivers?The refine MH721 is not an option as a cutter to choose from when installing it.I tried a P-CUT option but it never worked very well .After wasting a lot of vinyl i switched to signblazer..At least I know what and where its going to cut.................

Randy... have you tried the Roland PNC1000 option?!?! Many other refine/flexi users and myself have had great sucess with it.

Guest fivestar

Yup Tim is correct use the Refine PNC 1000 or Roland PNC 1100 Randy, they work like a charm.

I've tried the Roland PNC driver and it still doesn't fix the problem.

I contacted Flexi, they figure it's a problem with the language setting on the cutter, but that doesn't make sense if it cuts fine with Artcut, but not Flexi?

Weird!

I've had my cutter for months and have jobs waiting, now I think I waisted my money because I've tried everything and had heaps of help, but no results. It's just a dust collector now!

Guest Terry

Here are my settings on Flexi for MH 721 I use. Serial connectoin, NO USB !!!!!

post-0-1298652965835_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298652966806_thumb.jpg

I can tell you from experience...Flexi support almost ALWAYS blames the cutter.And almost always,it's the software,or a setting,or the connection method. I also run Flexi with the mh721...no problems,ever.

You guys are awesum.I just switched from the P-CUT drivers to the Rolland PNC1000 and cut a 88inch long stripe.It cut exactly like it was supposed.No worry about the direction or if it was going to be backwards.(mirror).I guess i will go back to learing FLEXI....

1 more quick question. when you turn your machine on and the blade goes all the to the right and it hits the red button, do you leave it there or move it off the button before you start cutting?

I stand corrected.It stopped cutting half way thru the design?I just wasted another 60 inch of vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gonna try the PNC1100.

I just don't understand all the people who post about the cutter stopping the cutting half way through. I have 2 cutters (one is a refine) and I have used Signcut,Flexi,Flexi pro,and Signblazer,and in 3 years have never had this happen. Not once.

I am beginning to think that there is just one thing..one simple thing,that is causing this,either in the cutters,or in the files. I do know that if the file you send to be cut is larger than the memory that the cutter has...this will happen. There's no doubt about that.

Best thing to do is clear the cutter memory after EVERY cut. But until I have the problem, I can't really diagnose it.

It could,of course,also be that your computer is dropping the connection before the file is fully loaded into the cutter memory. It would be helpful to post the EXACT file you are trying to cut and have a few of us take a crack at it.

puishing the reset button should do it. Unplugging the cutter for a minute or so certainly will. Also, check and see how big the file you are trying to cut is.

I hit the reset button and re-cut it. It worked fine.

So i will try it again. What do you guys do with the cutter when you turn it on and it goes all the way to the right and hits the red button. Leave it there and start? or move it off the button?

Here is the file i was trying to cut at 88inches long..

Curve2.eps

Curve2.eps