Sign in to follow this  
buddy

Cannot cut in SB

I need help...PLEEEASE

when I try and send image to cutter it says this

"Can not open the output device, error initializing cutter"

What does this mean and how do I fix this?  I have tried shutting down, restarting all the eqipment(computer and cutter) and nothing.  I am waiting for Levi to get back to me but thought you might know something I can do right now.  BTW, I have a MH721 and sometimes SB does work but it seems it goes through one or two cuts then the msg comes up. Working with Vista and usually I have no problems.

THansk a HEEP

Dazzel

Open SignBlazer, go to Cutter, then setup, and let us know what you have for the top 2 selections....

Also a good idea to reset the cutter after a successful cut.

I am waiting for Levi to get back to me but thought you might know something I can do right now. 

:P I wasn't supposed to call you was I?  ;D

Actually Levi I thought Ken fixed my problem but it is still happening.  CAn you call me

Thanks Buddy

Dazzel

Might be better to use the 9-pin Serial connection if you are having this much trouble with the USB. Probably something on your computer that does not like the USB drivers...

ok...what does that mean...You are speaking to someone VERY computer ILLITERATE...Hubby takes care of it all.

Instead of using the USB cable to hook the cutter up to your computer, use the 9-pin Serial cable.

Shoot me a PM with your phone # Carmen and I will give you a call.

Might be better to use the 9-pin Serial connection if you are having this much trouble with the USB. Probably something on your computer that does not like the USB drivers...

I used to have the same issues with my cutter and signblazer, and a few other issues while cutting. I switched over to the serial cable and havent had the problem since.  USB isnt very reliable for some reason.

Because of the Snow Hubby had to work late (Works for the city) and I had a lot going on with school out and the little ones at home (those with kids you feel my pain?) so now I am stuck without a Cutter and have lot's of presents to cut.  I need someone to take me step by step for I know NOTHING....ya hear me...NOTHING about USB, Pin holes or cables :'( LMBO

Hey I found a 9 pin Cable in my nicely tucked away CUtter box, but what the heck do I do with it?  Sorry I didn't get back to you Levi, I will PM my #

Thanks, and Kage I hope this works for me too :-

Dazzel

Ok, ready? here we go  :)  First remove the usb cable from the cutter and your computer.

Take your 9 pin serial cable that you found nicely tucked away and look at the back of your computers tower(power off on the tower, I dont believe these are hot swappable(do not plug or unplug while power is on).  Look for a place on the back that the 9 pin will plug into, its very similar to the monitor cable plug, but its going to be inverted, a monitor plug is filled in with holes for the pins, the one you want will be pins on the inside and your serial cable will have the holes for the pins.  Plug in the cable and tighten the thumb screws down finger tight. Next go to your cutter and find the same plugin like you did on your computer, should be in the same area as your usb cable plugin.  Plug the serial cable into your cutter, and tighten thumb screws finger tight.  Turn your computer back on and open up signblazer.  In signblazer click on cutter, then click on setup.  Make sure your cutter type is still selected correctly where it says cutter.  In output device select Blazer COM1-Communication Port.  Thats the way I have mine setup and it works perfect.  No lag time from when I hit cut to the cutter actually starting to cut now, and no more annoying error messages or weird cutting issues.  Hope this helps, if not post up and we can try some more  :P  And to add, if your using a newer laptop, youre going to have to purchase a pcmcia serial adapter to be able to use the serial cable.

Looked all over the back of the computer tower and there is no place to put this cabel where it would accept the 9 pin.

WOW Kage you are detailed...I followed all your instructions but I just dont see the insert for this cable

Dazzel

OK, so I just called my husband because there is no 9 pin on the tower to insert the cable to so he said we must not have a (whatever thingy) so we would have to buy a (whatever thingy) anyway he said he would come home and work on it for me.  Darn, I wish i could of done it with your instructions, it would of made me feel...well...Computer smart :-

Thanks Kage, your the best :P

Dazzel

Hmmmm, well, your next option since your computer does not have a serial plug, is to go purchase a A PCI Serial Card for your computer.  To install the card you have to open up the computer and find an empty PCI slot to stick it into.  I believe you can get a card for around $10-$20 from most computer stores.  If need be they can probably install the card for you if you dont feel comfortable taking your computer apart. That way its ready to go when you bring it home.  Theres always more doors to open if one shuts.

THanks SO VERY MUCH Gents.  Kage you are right, I don't feel comfortable AT ALL taking this machine apart, that's HUbby's specialty...he is GREAT and tearing um' down and building em' back up. Due to the snow he had been absent in our home helping the cith of Bothell out but he will be home at noon to HELP ME OUT :P

Thanks for all your help and those of you in the Seattle area..enjoy the snow, enjoy your families and enjoy your cutter :)

Dazzel

Looks like we may get a white Christmas! Nobody in Seattle knows how to drive in this stuff, so the city is on lockdown. I am one of 2 that actually made it in to work today. Expected snow today, Sunday, and Monday as well. Yee-Haw!

:P

1 foot here in Marysville Ken...you?  Ya we just got back from the store...WALKING took about 40 mintues to get there but the boys loved it.  We pretended to be stranded in the woods with no food or water and I asked them what would be the first thing you would do if it started to get dark and you were out here all alone in the cold winter snow, they said....RUN BACK HOME  :P

I wish it were that easy for those who are truly in that perdicament.

God Bless

Dazzel

Hubby just got home and he is asking if we can use a USB to serial port adapter and what com port is preferred Ken?

DAzzel

You could, but that would still be using the USB port on the computer, and someting we are trying to avoid.