Sign in to follow this  
tattoo.dan

I lose quality with Laser Point, is it the cutter or converting to .eps?

I design in Corel Draw 12, and was cutting with cocut on a roland cutter. SB does not support Corel Draw, so I export as .eps and cut on my newly purchased Laser Point 24 inch. All of the corners are rounded and don't look like the design in Corel. The look like a lower quality. Is there any way to get the Laser Point to cut these designs better? Do I need to convert to different file format or find a new cutting program! Someone please help because this is frustrating. I was cutting sharp images, now I'm struggling!

SB does not support Corel Draw? SignBlazer I assume you are talking about? It accepts files from Corel Draw in .eps or .ai format. The issue could be that you have too much blade sticking out, and not enough pressure on the cutter itself. Could also be an Offset setting in the cutting software.

I DO CUT WITH SIGN BLAZER AND CONVERT TO .EPS. I HOPE THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE CUTTER?:thumbsup: IT SEEMS TO CUT PRETTY SLOW AS WELL. IS THAT NORMAL FOR THIS CUTTER? THANKS.

I DO CUT WITH SIGN BLAZER AND CONVERT TO .EPS. I HOPE THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE CUTTER?:huh: IT SEEMS TO CUT PRETTY SLOW AS WELL. IS THAT NORMAL FOR THIS CUTTER? THANKS.

You can adjust the speed on the cutter.  Sounds like it may be an offset issue. What is your offset set to? Select Cutter, Then select Setup in the cutter window. My offset is set to .24 mm

post-1657-12986528994548_thumb.jpg

I DO CUT WITH SIGN BLAZER AND CONVERT TO .EPS. I HOPE THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE CUTTER?:huh: IT SEEMS TO CUT PRETTY SLOW AS WELL. IS THAT NORMAL FOR THIS CUTTER? THANKS.

Dude ... we get it, no CAPS necessary.

Ken didn't say that there was too much pressure, he said that you might have too much of the blade sticking out of the holder and not enough pressure. Jay also has a point of adjusting the offset - while the offset is supposed to be .25, it does vary here and there.

Are you getting clean cuts? Is it cutting into the backing? You can always try a 60-degree blade as well. How big or little is your graphic? Would you mind posting it so other can test cut it and see if we get the same results?

I just had the caps left on from something previous. I wasn't trying to be 'loud'. Anyway, the backing is not cut into and the vinyl is cut clean and weeds easy. I will check the offset when I get home and post an example of what I am talking about. Thanks.

Okay, I finally have time to mess with it tonight. It is a small graphic and I have replace the blade to a 60 and checked my offset. It was at 0 so I went with .24 and got a lot closer. It is hard to explain. I will post my .eps file. I looks closer but if I hold a ruler along the top of the decal I can see that the top lines are not straight like the are on the .cdr decal that I cut on the roland. This is really the only decal that I notice this with. I will post and see if you can see what I mean or maybe help me. Thanks all.

Okay, played with the offset some more and I think that I can live with .30 mm. Like I said, this is the only one I notice it with so far, so not too bad! Thank you for the advice!!!

This sometimes happens when I copy-paste a small graphic into SB, the lines are kind of wavy.  This is with illustrator, somewhere there is a thread that said text should be pasted/imported into SB at 4" or larger in size.

I tried messing around exporting and importing files, I have found that it's much easier to just copy/paste the finished object into SB.

Agreed, convert everything to curves in Corel, make sure objects have FILL and NO OUTLINE.  Copy and paste to SB.  Way I've always done it.

Copy and Paste is the way to go!!! I always converted to .eps then imported and lost detail...thought it was my "cheap cutter".......copy and paste,,,,looks just like I cut it on the roland at word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!