Hello All,

I just purchased a US cutter plotter and recieved the SignBlazer Elements software. I am actually trying all this for the 1st time. I have no idea :lol: what the heck I am doing LOL. Can anyone please help expalain how the program works. How to set the blade on the cutter not to cut all the way through. Thanks

what model cutter do you have?

If it is cutting all the way through,then you have too much of the blade sticking out. You should just barely be able to see it...1/2 the thickness of a credit card is normal.

I bought the NEW 24-25 Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter USCutter w/USB

The USCutter MH-721. I actually have not tried to cut any vinyl because I have no idea how to even use the software  :lol:

How do you take a jpg image and import it to the SignBlazer program? Thanks for your help.

Put your jpeg into your SBD file and import.

Make a short cut to SBD file and than you can drag the jpeg into that file.

Does that make sense? If not continue to ask questions.

Jenny

I am using Windows XP and my laptop is Windows Vista. I am trying to make my husband a shirt that has the Dallas Cowboys star in the front and "Respect the star" in the back. I would also like to make my niece a Jonas brothers sweater, but have no idea how to vectorise a jpg image. I really appreciate all of your help :lol: Thank you

Ok I have XP, so we can help with that one.

Go to Start (lower left corner) go up to 'Computer' and click there...then 'local disc C' than right click on SBD files, go down to 'send to' and than go to 'desktop  (create shortcut)

It should than put a short cut to SBD files on your desktop.

Take any jpeg you need and put it in that file, than launch SBE, than go to 'file' scroll down to import and than locate the file you need.

Hope this helps.

There is lots to learn but I know you can do it!!

Jenny

First, no problem!  Just a year ago we were in the same boat ourselves!  :-[

The next thing you want to do is make that image cuttable.

Click on the image, it will put a box around it.  Than go up to 'image' and go down to 'mode', you want to go to 'monochrome-1bit' and it's going to open another box, you want to adjust the threshold level so that your picture looks the best.  Click 'Ok'

Go back to "image" and go down to vectorize, click vectorize, you are going to want to set color vectorization to 'inset colors' and than click 'Ok' your picture will turn blue, the blue image is actually the vectorized image over your original converted image.  You can delete the original image and the blue picture that is left should be a cuttable image.

Nodes sometimes need to be 'cleaned up', etc.  There are many different situation that can occur that will need some fixing.

But this is a simple start.

You can also download, 'inkscape' it is a free program for vectorizing.

Jenny

Thank you again for all your help. I am playing with the program to see what I can figure out. I will probably pull my hair out by the end of the night LOL

Reading the SignBlazer section here is going to be a good thing to do .  :-[

Don't worry I've pulled plenty myself..lol.

It takes time, patience and practice.

Any further questions...don't hesitate to ask...if you need a file ready to cut you are always welcome to post it and one of us here will get it ready for you, until  you learn it yourself.

Have a great night!

Put your jpeg into your SBD file and import.

Make a short cut to SBD file and than you can drag the jpeg into that file.

Does that make sense? If not continue to ask questions.

Jenny

Wait... I've only had 1 beer this evening, and I'm already confused!  :-[

Welcome to the site, and congrats on the puchase... the Refine is a great cutter, tough as nails. Be sure to post some pics once you start cutting!

:-[  thanks FM, for coming in to save the night!!  :-[

Have a drink for me please!  :D

I downloaded inkscape. i am trying to change this image....

twilight.jpg

but just in one color because I do not know how to work the program yet, so layering will be another day :-[

WOW girl....couldn't you have started with a simpler image? lol  :-[

lol....yeah...try that one first!

But I'll mess with it over the weekend and see what I come up with but no promises I'll get it done right...I don't mess much with 'real' images.

JOHN?:-[?:-[ NOW You come in to save the night? First FM and now YOU?  :D  :)

I wanted to see how you could do on your own. I'm old and tired,you know.

lol...............well thanks!!  :D  I was waitting for backup....and where were you guys??  :-[

Hey I'm no mod here....just a struggling vinyl cutting, banner making, fool!  :-[