Danieve

new LP24 not communicating with computer

Hello,

I just got my replacement cutter as the 1st one I rec'd had several issues and had to be replaced.  For whatever reason I cannot get the new one to talk to my computer.  I have windows XP, Signcut X2, and laserpoint 24", comnected via serial cable as the last cutter wouldn't work with the usb cable.

I've done a test cut on the machine and it seems to work fine, but I can't get anything to cut when sent from the software.  I'm at a loss & could really use some help.  I've attached a printscreen of how the cutter is set up in the device manager.

Thanks in advance!

printscreen of cutter setup.pdf

printscreen of cutter setup.pdf

You also might want to make sure you have the flow control changed to hardware in the port settings which is located in the device manager.

Thank You.  I finally got it to work.  Now I know just how many issues the 1st one had!

;D

:)

You also might want to make sure you have the flow control changed to hardware in the port settings which is located in the device manager.

I have found flow control will work when set at none but when sending mass amounts of data ie intricate/large designs the cutter will lock up.Just a tip for anyone with this symptom..

I have found flow control will work when set at none but when sending mass amounts of data ie intricate/large designs the cutter will lock up.Just a tip for anyone with this symptom..

I have found the same. I noticed that people will be fine without changing their flow control for quite a while sometimes but then randomly they will get a communication error. At this point it seems like flow control must be changed, it will no longer work on none.