Sign in to follow this  
LEE2008

INKSCAPE TO ARTCUT

hi

whats the right way to open up a traced image in artcut , that was done in inkscape,

whenever i save it as eps then try to open in artcut nothing somes up

any help appreciated[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Hi Lee ,

I bought my cutter from USCutter a little over a year ago & it seemed ArtCut was/is a bad word around here  :huh: . UScutter was giving SignCut/InkScape  then & started giving SignBlazer soon after . Since SignBlazer is free as of now , try it . It gets ALOT more praise . There is a free download link in the SignBlazer section  & on all of the USCutter e-bay auctions . I have no experience with ArtCut .

don't know about artcut. but i have had a little trouble getting eps files made in inkscape to open in signblazer. it usually takes playing with the different ways to save an eps in inkscape. sometimes i have to save the image as a windows metafile or one of the other crossover file types. hope this helps

bb

hi

ill give it a go and see what happens,

i think artcut is ok to use , but ive never used anything else so i cant compare it

thanks

I think it would be as easy to create whatever you want in SignBlazer as in Inkscape . It was an easy transition for me .. seems SignBlazer is easier for someone like me who doesn't have much experience .

agreed, sb is way more user friendly than most others. although mine has taken to locking up if i do a lot of graphic work.

bb

hi again

finally installed signblazer however if if try to vectorize an image i got off google it says "cannot vectorize as this is not a monochrome image"

any ideas ,

also when i open a vectorized image it shows the full colour version , how do i change it to show the outlines

thanks

1) on the tool bar click "image","mode", "monochrome". a window will pop up with an adjuster bar. play with it until you like the image, and click "ok". then you can vectorize the newly monochromed image. you will likely have a lot of cleaning up to do with the node editor to make a good cuttable image vector.

2)click on "view", outline/wireframe.

bb