Sign in to follow this  
midwaste

Loading vinyl rolls

How do you guys load your vinyl on the rollers?  I have just been sticking the rods through the center of the tube, allowing me to load 2 rolls at a time.  However, I just saw this graphic on a site that shows the same two-bar system and it has the vinyl sitting on top of the rollers.  This would definitely save loading time..

http://www.heatpressvinyl.com/documents/52.html

About 3/4 down the page.

I always just sit the vinyl on top of the rolls. Unless you have end caps, when you put the rod through the rolls,it can sometimes jerk as it unrolls.

I sit the rolls on top. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't remove the rods (once the stand was assembled).

Just set mine on top of the two rolls. I used to put the bar through when I first got mine but it works better just setting it on top.

Just set mine on top of the two rolls. I used to put the bar through when I first got mine but it works better just setting it on top.

ditto

Setting the vinyl roll on top is the proper way to be doing it. It does look like the bar should go through the center of the tube because they are both round and similar sizes, but you will get better results setting it on top.

on top...

I do however slide it through and use the end caps on longer runs

You know I just feel silly now... this is a great revelation and will save me the trouble of pulling up the dowel to "reload"... that's what makes this forum so great!

You know I just feel silly now... this is a great revelation and will save me the trouble of pulling up the dowel to "reload"... that's what makes this forum so great!

Haha, me too..  Works much better just setting it on top.  Thanks guys!