Sign in to follow this  
crazyone

Quick tips and ideas for future models and FAQ's

Hey Marcel

A better manual would be nice, which showed what the cutter was supposed to look like once installed in a mh1351, it took me a few mins to figure out, because the cutting head had a bevel on it which I would have assumed retained it in the carriage.

The second note would be what billy pointed out to me, maybe a quick checklist when you unbox to ensure things are where they should be, for example the wheels in the rail for the carriage being where they belong.

The Third, would be a simple firmware update, that retains the baud setting when the reset button is pressed.  I use the reset button so that when I go back online it doesn't go back to the material thats already used. 

Thanks for a great cutter!

Brandon

PS I recieved my cutter today and want the warranty, can I still purchase it (your ebay auction states only if you select insurance, and but at the time of sale, things I missed when I bought it)

Hello. I know included manual is difficult to understand so I did rewrite it the best that I could and posted that in WIKI format on the home page along with a couple pictures.

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=9

The WIKI is designed so that anyone can edit it just like www.wikipedia.com however I don't think anyone has attempted to edit it yet so there may be some kinks to work out once people start using this feature.

I did add the carriage issue to the FAQ section so that people will know to check if it's on the tracks if they get a grinding sound. It has been a problem for a few people lately. The checklist is a good idea and could be something we add to the installation setup sheet that is included in the box. Updating the FAQ section is also on my to-do list along with many other things. The entire site is still a work in progress and relatively new so we hope to update the website format, organize the layout, and add more features in the future as time allows.

As for the warranty you can still purchase that within the 30 days of the original purchase. If anyone is interested in adding that on after the original purchase just email us and we'll send you the details.

The Bios update is an excellent idea. I'm not sure if it's possible but it?s definitely info that I will pass along. At the very least it may be something that we can modify in future versions of the plotter. 

I have a MH721 and it works good. One thing i would like would be some type of guide to take up the space under the default cutter head position to align my vinyl against other wise if you line it up against the edge of the cutter. you waste almost 3 inches of vinyl. there are ways around this but that would make life easier. :huh:

Hello, the farther apart the tape measurements are from one another the more accurate the lining up of the material will be which is why the measurement is not right under the cutter. To prevent wasting material you can line up your vinyl, and then press offline to move the beginning of the vinyl back to the cutter head and then press origin.

I See what you mean, I was wondering what the tape measure on the back was for.  :huh:  I was doing it by cutting the end of the vinyl off with a paper cutter so it was square and then aligning the newly squared end up with one of the cutoff lines. I think your way will be much easier. thanks. In my previous post though i was talking left to right ie the space the blade can't reach because of the carriage hitting the wall. But i think this will take care of that.

I did the same thing when I first started cutting with these plotters. You'll notice that the plotters actually have a few extra inches of working space to compensate for the lost working space taken up by the carriage. So for example the 25 inch plotter actually has a measurement of over 28 inches but only about 25 inches is usable cutting space.

I agree with others my biggest complaint with the Pcut series (I own the LP 24) is the fluted input output areas catching and flipping up the vinyl. I am sure this flipping or buckling up is the reason some beginners have problems with the designs not cutting thru all over the design. also if the vinyl is caught in the slot at the edge of the cabinet then as the knife returns to the orgin position it will scrape a diagonal cut across the design. 

I agree with others my biggest complaint with the Pcut series (I own the LP 24) is the fluted input output areas catching and flipping up the vinyl. I am sure this flipping or buckling up is the reason some beginners have problems with the designs not cutting thru all over the design. also if the vinyl is caught in the slot at the edge of the cabinet then as the knife returns to the orgin position it will scrape a diagonal cut across the design. 

It is a big problem. I put tape over mine. The slots are nice to have though for cutting off the vinyl. The design is just poor. It should be smoother on the lower sides so the vinyl slides over but have a ridge up top so you can run a cutter along.