nonabelle

" THE RANT!"

jay ur correct and one of them may have been me. there is a time for everything, and not saying that it wasn't urs.

understanding and patience play a big part in this life, and at the time u posted i was trying to exercise mine.

no one never denied there was a problem jay, but was hoping for a solution and in the meantime trying to exercise the patience and understanding.

My intention at the time was to communicate that there was an issue so that new users know what is happening and customers know what they are getting. I probably didn't say it clearly.

jay ur correct and one of them may have been me. there is a time for everything, and not saying that it wasn't urs.

understanding and patience play a big part in this life, and at the time u posted i was trying to exercise mine.

no one never denied there was a problem jay, but was hoping for a solution and in the meantime trying to exercise the patience and understanding.

My intention at the time was to communicate that there was an issue so that new users know what is happening and customers know what they are getting. I probably didn't say it clearly.

jay sweetie, i know u didn't mean any harm, and sometimes when can under read this posts and shoot off.

i sometimes have to read them over and then not post at all. but i do believe at that time ur post was well recieved.

u know ur all good tho. :thumbsup:

I don't just miss him for his support,but as a friend. He was an avid gardener..and we shared tips.He told me all about Australia, and I told him all about Tennessee.When he was complaining about how hot it was down there, I was complaining about how cold it was here. I can honestly say that Jerry was not only the hardest,most dedicated man I ever met,but one of the nicest. Ken comes in second. But just by a hair.

There is no doubt in my mind...that if Jerry had lived...SignBlazer would have surpassed Flexi in functionality eventually. That was his goal.

John, I feel the same way about Jerry. He was truly a great man and it would be a shame for all of his hard work to be wasted by some company that doesn't know what they have. I hope that something happens with his company before it is too late.

In all of our eBay listings now, there is a disclaimer. Has been for a few weeks now. There was about a 1 month period where we were not sure what was going on, and no disclaimers were posted. For those within that period, we have other options available.

Maybe I should let Marcus explain....

Guest sciondrgn

I had wondered what happened to Jerry and Bruce.. I went to FlexiSign soon after getting my cutter and haven't even touched SBE..

I had wondered what happened to Jerry and Bruce.. I went to FlexiSign soon after getting my cutter and haven't even touched SBE..

Save SBE , IF they start doing business again , it will be valuable ( I will buy it then :thumbsup:

Rodger

I was not aware that many people were having problems with SignBlazer.  I know I have been pretty silent on this issue, and I am sorry for that.  Here is the situation:

ColorChromeFirst was declared insolvent shortly after Jerry's death.  The company itself was probably just about breaking even - I think that Jerry was contributing the difference to keep it going.  With our help, ColorChrome was actually doing better recently than in past years and it had a positive outlook overall.

In being declared insolvent, an administrator took over the company and was in charge of selling off or liquidating the assets.  The primary asset of value was the software code and customers, so this portion of the company was made available for sale to the highest bidder.

Bruce was indeed a minority shareholder in the company, but he was not interested in running the company, so in being liquidated, he lost his share.  Despite this fact, Bruce tried to assist us with ongoing support.

The administrator found another company in Australia who was interested in purchasing the company and they intended to complete the sale.  Somewhere along the way, one of the old employees of ColorChrome decided that he had rights to the code.  He sued the administrator and Bruce in an attempt to prevent the sale from going through.  (This is my vague understanding).

Since then, the administrator has told me that they thought that the sale would still go through.  They have told me on multiple occasions that they expected the sale would be completed within a short period of time.  I emailed them a week ago and they said that the sale should be completed in about two weeks.  We'll see....

The ongoing delays are helping nobody, and I expect that disagreements will be resolved sometime in the future.  Unfortunately, I have no control over this situation.

I was not aware that people were having consistent and reproducible problems with SignBlazer.  I would like to use this thread see if we can identify why the problems are occurring.

Can each person please reply and state:

1. What OS are you using?

2. Are you having problems with SignBlazer?  If so, what problems?

3. What version of SignBlazer are you using (look under Help -> About)

4. Are you in trial mode, or is your software registered?

5. When did you first install the software?  When have you last updated?

6. If you are having problems, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the newest version from http://download.uscutter.com?

I am really concerned about this issue, and I wish that I could just send out free software.  Unfortunately, we have to pay for every copy of software we sell, and our machines are sold at very little margin, and we already paid for every copy of SignBlazer that went out with a serial code (current sales indicate that the software is Trial mode....).  If anybody on this thread wants FlexiStarter, we can sell the version that only works with PCUT / Laserpoints for $40, and the dongle version of FlexiStarter is available for $90.  This is only available to those customers that have purchased machines from us.  If you would like to take advantage, please PM kenimes and he will tell you how to get in on this deal.

I guess I bought my flexistarter too soon from you guys for $99 on ebay a couple days ago (as I bought a Copam 2500 with SBE).  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to getting it soon.

Edit:  Very good gesture Marcus.  It is appreciated.  :thumbsup:

I am really concerned about this issue, and I wish that I could just send out free software.  Unfortunately, we have to pay for every copy of software we sell, and our machines are sold at very little margin, and we already paid for every copy of SignBlazer that went out with a serial code (current sales indicate that the software is Trial mode....).  If anybody on this thread wants FlexiStarter, we can sell the version that only works with PCUT / Laserpoints for $40, and the dongle version of FlexiStarter is available for $90.  This is only available to those customers that have purchased machines from us.  If you would like to take advantage, please PM kenimes and he will tell you how to get in on this deal.

Once again,Marcus...you have shown what makes US Cutter heads above everyone else! I take off my hat to you!

Guest TracMatt

Marcus,

I have windows xp oem version. 

Signblazer freezes up and there is no way to shut it off for no reason, it just does it when it feels like it.

Version of SB 6.0.21

No it will not update due to their server being down.

Yes I have installed and reinstalled.

It is a registered copy.

Hope this helps with resolving the issue.  I am however interested in purchasing the dongle version of flexi.

Tracee

How long will this offer be available, as I have way to much money tied up in stock right now, I wouldn't be able to do anything till the end of the month but am interested in the dongle version.

Should still be offered then.

Marcus,

I have windows xp oem version. 

Signblazer freezes up and there is no way to shut it off for no reason, it just does it when it feels like it.

Version of SB 6.0.21

No it will not update due to their server being down.

Yes I have installed and reinstalled.

It is a registered copy.

Hope this helps with resolving the issue.  I am however interested in purchasing the dongle version of flexi.

Tracee

6.0.21 is what I am running, so you should be good there.

Are other programs running, or do you have active desktop running? Screen savers, IMs, Pier to Pier File sharing programs, other grpahics programs are all things that could conflict with SignBlazer running smoothly, or any other program for that matter. Try disabling all of your startup programs and rebooting so less resources are sucked up just by booting up your computer.

Hi Marcus , a VERY satisfied customer here  :thumbsup: with MANY blades from your e-bay auctions  ( RMyersExcavation ) ;D

answers

1) windows vista

2) no problems from SBE

3) 6.0.24 25th february 2008 install serial # UC22797EL0409

4) trial mode

5) installed the trial version when your co first started offering it , restored my pc a month ago . Download SBE from another thread in this forum & from another your e-bay auctions  . Both work good .

6) no problems at all that wasn't on my end .

Thanks for the updated info on SB . I hope they survive . I bought Flexi this past weekend . I still use SignCut when i think their GREAT weeding lines are needed . I have went to trade shows & compared prices on software & know the bargain your co gives us !!!  I think having different software is like having different tools plus having  back-ups . I don't sell decals & think it's worthwhile ( & I'm cheap :thumbsup:

regards , Rodger

Guest fivestar

I can vouch for Rodger having ALOT of blades.  I seen his feedbacks to US Cutter.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

I can vouch for Rodger having ALOT of blades.  I seen his feedbacks to US Cutter.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

I'm cheap & a VERY comparative buyer , But I can't pass up a great deal ............. last time i went fishing , sign said all the bait you want for $1 ... I bought $2 worth !!!

;D , Rodger

ps , I have 2 gigs of ram on a e-machine pc . I have many things going including Napster ( which seems to use alot of ram ) & have not had any problems unless i try to correct something AFTER sending it to the cutter the 1rst time .

Rodger

In two days I'm using SBE it has freezed 5 times.

I'm only doing test cuts, I mean, small cuts that I don't even save.

My laptop is new running Vista and it is almost empty. The SB sometimes looks like it can't reproduce on screen the graphics (grids, document, etc) as it need more RAM. The laptop has not other programs that are eating resources so I don't understand why it is happening.

I don't know if it is my fault or if something is wrong with the program or what, but it will be for sure a problem when I start to cut seriously.

In two days I'm using SBE it has freezed 5 times.

I'm only doing test cuts, I mean, small cuts that I don't even save.

My laptop is new running Vista and it is almost empty. The SB sometimes looks like it can't reproduce on screen the graphics (grids, document, etc) as it need more RAM. The laptop has not other programs that are eating resources so I don't understand why it is happening.

I don't know if it is my fault or if something is wrong with the program or what, but it will be for sure a problem when I start to cut seriously.

Are you using USB to connect the cutter to the computer? You may need to disable any kind of USB power saving features of the laptop in the BIOS.

Yes. I'm using USB connection.

I just have a little problem, I don't know very well how to do that in the BIOS, especially to find the right menu and what to disable and what not. It will not be dificult but... I need to search a manual on the web or something.

Any tip for do that is welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks Ken

Yes. I'm using USB connection.

I just have a little problem, I don't know very well how to do that in the BIOS, especially to find the right menu and what to disable and what not. It will not be dificult but... I need to search a manual on the web or something.

Any tip for do that is welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks Ken

Entering the BIOS differs by computer, and is not something I could walk you through, but if you know someone that is computer savvy, it is not too difficult. Usually need to press F1 when the system first starts to boot up, and it will be in one of the menus- port config. or something. I have also seen in Windows, the Power Saving features have advanced settings where you can disable it as well.

to ken and marcuso,

thanks for ur response on this matter. ur gestures r more than enough. thank u.

this forum is like family and we all work as a team. thank u. we couldn't ask for anymore than what u have offered.

i just want to let u and marcuso know that this thread was not started with an intent to sabatoge or insult US CUTTER, for we know that it's not ur fault with the software.

the forum is a good place, the support and knowledge is priceless. the friends i and others have made will last a lifetime, i hope. ken, yes u were silent and with just cause. thank u for sharing the inside problems with the software company, for u didn't have to but u cared enough. my mom, u to say " sometimes silence is a sign of hope", and to me that's what u displayed. as for replacing everybody's software, i know that would be a financial suicide, and i just went there through my frustrations.

so forgive me for my going there on that particular part of the rant. in my conclusion, although some may not be able to even purchase the wonderful offer that has been put on the table. please do give us a expiration date for the offer so some of us, can maybe purchase the software in the future. as for me, i can't afford to right now but the wonderful gesture is still well recieved.

thank u again, for all u have done.

sincerely,

sheila lynn burks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: