Sign in to follow this  
MarcelC

Setting up Signcut

The install of Signcut is very straightforward. By default Signcut installs as a 30 day trail version of Signcut PE. You will need to go online to their website http://www.signcut.net to register your copy using the coupon code that came with the program. You can use the coupon only one time no matter what value you choose to use, so choose wisely. You can purchase a 3 year subscription to Signcut PE which is recommended, or unlimited subscription to Signcut LE.

Signcut and most other vinyl / tint cutting software interfaces with the vinyl cutter directly without using Windows drivers.  As such, the settings in Signcut are critical.  You will not need to install any drivers unless you are using the USB connection.  In Signcut, make sure that in cutter setup you use select "Refine" as the manufacturer, ?Refine Selltopia? as the Cutter, and then select the correct Port you are connected to under Device.  It is recommended that you use the parallel port as described below.  In other software programs such as Flexi the Roland PNC 1000 driver will work.

I set up signcut to work in USB mode, and I have cut some letters out of the included vinyl starter rolls, and I have not broke any blades yet! ;-).

I am having difficulty importing graphics to print/cut, I have installed inkscape and tryed to import shapes to the signcut program and the screen stays blank after I use "shift-import" and pick the file I saved into the import folder of signcut and it shows the signcut main screen with no graphic.

I am a quick learner, but the interface is not very intuitive.

-Harold

Hello. I agree the interface is not very intuitive, but then again neither are programs like Flexi. If you insert the Signcut CD you will see there are some tutorial videos, I'd recommend going through those to learn some of the basics of the program. It seems that in Corel or Illustrator you actually export to Signcut from that program directly. For example in Corel 9 I created a file, and then clicked on the C icon (application launcher) and chose send to Signcut X2. Illustrator is a similar process which is displayed in one of the tutorial videos. For Inkscape I was able to save the file I created as an EPS and then click file>open in Signcut to open it.

After reading the post by Marcel it solved my problem also.  Converting to an EPS format allows signcut to open the file.