Sign in to follow this  
CyberSultan

Earthquake hits Southern California

Guest fivestar

Damn! I'd been running for my life.  Glad to hear everything's alright.

I had received a CNN breaking news to my email about the earthquake.  How scary.

Sure glad to hear your home and family are fine.

Thanks guys!  Growing up here, you always have in the back of your mind the predicted "Big One".  Usually the quakes I've felt in the past were pretty mild.  This one was a big enough jolt to make me think about it. 

Just read about this on the yahoo homepage... I have a friend that lives in SoCal, guess I need to shoot him a text message.

I was weeding license numbers for hubs truck when the table started shaking. I had such a bad headache, that I thought I was imagining things!  :lol: Then I saw all the blinds swaying too. Good thing it wasn't to big. I had an exacto knife in my hand!

I hate freaking earthquakes! I'm hoping there are no more coming! My town is right on a freaking fault line!

Amber  :-

Amber, glad to hear you are alright as well. 

Thank you! We're not as close to it, so it was just a little swaying we felt. But now I'm all anxious thinking "Anyday now, that Big One is coming...."  :lol:

Guest kenya

I heard it was a 5.4 .......

but what does the scale go to?

My husband was on the phone with a bank rep. in CA, when he told my husband

that he needed to hang up, they were evacuating his building.

He heard screaming in the background & it quickly went "click".......

scary!

richter scale goes up to 10. 10 is total devastation.

I love the whole freakiness of earthquakes.  The last one we had just about rendered the entire state in limbo. only two island didn't lose power, and some places it took well over 24 hours to get anything work right. Although it certainly didn't beat my friend's house whose power wasn't restored until 2am the next morning, but that the Pizza Hut across the street from her had power since 8pm the night before.

A 5.4 is not huge on the scale. I too live in So Cal and was actually printing shirts at the time.

One of the people who help me out, freaked out, so we walked outside to check things out....

Forgot to move the flash dryer and ended up toasting not only a shirt, but my rubber top to the platen

as well.

That was the only damage I suffered.

Inital jolt was a little exciting, then it was just rolling for us.

I also live in So. Cal., Los Angeles area.  We were in Burbank and my truck was up on the rack getting a oil change when it hit... I have been through the Sylmar quake in 71, the Landers in 89 (or so) the Northridge in 91 and they all start out the same, it feels like your next to a trail track and you can feel and hear a trail coming, and I wait to see how close the train gets, this last one it didn't get that close, the Sylmar it was REAL close BUT we who live here and are on or next to the san andrais fault are waiting for the train to hit us....