Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

Flexi 8.1 pro

I know you can select part of a design by using "select within" heres my question I have some font I need to change on a design and using select within you have to pick each letter one at a time some letters like a "O" you have to choose 2x. Is there a way to choose the whole word rather than each letter one by one?

once you break apart,you should be able to highlight whichever section you want to change.

Guest Terry

You can also, select change to outlines. Then you can select any part of it.

Guest fivestar

That's how I always do it Terry.

If I try arrange>group>ungroup ugroup is not highlighted so I cant select it. If I select group I still cant select different parts.

Terry where do I choose change to outlines?

Guest fivestar

Arrange.......Convert to outline.

post-0-12986521527883_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521551621_thumb.jpg

Dont know what im doing wrong but that didnt work either. tried Arrange.......Convert to outline and if i click any part of the design it still selects it all

Guest fivestar

You've got to Uncompound it and go into wireframe mode.  Arrange......compound....uncompound. Then you can select any little piece you want.

Thanks, I give it a shot. This program is so great but so much to learn. Have you used the templates for the job and customer info yet?

Guest fivestar

No I haven't had a chance to try them yet.  There's a .pdf help file that'll teach you most of the things in the help part of the program.

Guest fivestar

No prob......I actually haven't used the help much myself....I just start clicking buttons until something that is close to what should happens, happens.  :) :) :angel:

Guest fivestar

That's how I found out what you needed to do.  I tried convert to outlines...then I tried group...ungroup.  Then I said damn let's see what uncompund does...... :angel::):thumbsup:

cool, Ill have to read about keeping the customer records I havent figured it out yet by clicking