signqueen

MH721 Large cut, goes left and grinds

Refine MH721

March 2008

USB

SignBlazer

Vista

Plain old Vinyl

I am a signmaker from way back, however I only do it for friends and family now. I bought this cutter a few months ago and I have cut a few things (small) t-shirt thermal, some letters. Today I went to cut a BIG sign, flames for my 72yr old father's new PT Cruiser, I don't know what this thing is doing. It pulls all 104" of vinyl out. Ok, not prob, cuts a weed border... good, then promptly makes a loud grinding noise and moves the cutter all the way to the left as far as it will go and sits there grinding away.

Any ideas?

I used inspire and an anagraph ae75e for 15 yrs, I "upgraded?" because inspire would not work with vista and I wanted a smaller cutter.

Thanks

Cam

you have the cutting size set wrong. It is trying to cut outside of it's own capabilities. You can only set your cutting size as large as the cutter can cut.

That would be a good starting point. I tried a long cut today and had some issues. Fixed it by switching drivers. I'm now using the Hewlett Packard HPGL driver and works perfect again. Here's a suggestion, Dry run the cutter, meaning no vinyl and no blade holder, and see what it does. I found this method best if your software doesn't have the exact driver for your cutter.