Hello,

All of a sudden I am having trouble with the fonts being somewhat manipulated. I checked the same fonts in Word and photoshop and there they appear correctly. I tried to cut the letter, and it came out bad. Any ideas?

The same thing happens to several fonts. I have not imported or change any local windows og vinylamaster fonts prior to this happening. 

image.thumb.png.c1dc58a9430cce06a27cd31d1879a220.png

image.thumb.png.941ee74688bce112e19ab384adc9f9b7.png

Any chance you can send me the pdf version of the File you used to cut?

I can have a look here as it appears the characters are overlapping. Something is going wrong when you are converting the text to shapes or silhouettes.

In the meantime please try cutting these files to see if they cut the same way.(In particular, try Bebas Outline)

The font is BEBAS Regular. The one titled "Bebas Outliune"is a silhouette made file ready to cut.

Try using import command in Vinyl master if Open doesn't let you to open pdf files. But do not drag it into the workspace

Do let me know how did you go

Bebas outlines.pdf

Bebas.pdf

The screen shots you show, is that how the font looks when you type it, or is that after you've converted it to a shape?

Not all fonts are created equal and some or a mess actually, even though they look ok in print they don't cut worth crap.

• Like 1

Guest Guestx
On 4/19/2021 at 7:37 AM, darcshadow said:

The screen shots you show, is that how the font looks when you type it, or is that after you've converted it to a shape?

Not all fonts are created equal and some or a mess actually, even though they look ok in print they don't cut worth crap.

Exactly true! I found a free font which I was using for a stencil paint mask that looks like what result you got when processed into a cut file. It was not much of an issue to me for weeding out the extra bits as a paint mask with just a few large letters. It would be a pain if it were used for a lot of text and small letters so I'm curious if this issue hasa solution?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.