weaponstencils

SC working, new Titan 2 not

Ugh...on my second Titan 2.  First one cut 3 simple jobs before the board apparently failed and wouldn't respond at all, even by hitting the controls on the machine.  USCUTTER was good and sent me a new one (after I broke the whole thing down and shipped it back).  Now this new one isn't cutting at all.  

Computer won't recognize the USB device basically.  Installed the driver straight from USCUTTER - changed the cutter in SCAL - disconnected the SC so there's no confusion.  I got nothing. 

In Windows device manager, it says it can't recognize the device.  No idea what's going on.  Also tried Vinyl Master - no go.

No idea what the problem is but it's really annoying that my $250 plotter has worked flawlessly for 2 year and the near $1000 one is 0 for 2.

I'm all ears.....

if windows device manager says it can't recognize it I would say the driver did not install properly - the titan2 has a true usb chipset and has been a solid performer - I had one a couple of months.  sounds like time to get ahold of support tomorrow so they can remote your computer and get you going

Was on the hold with support and randomly tried a different USB cord.   It's worked right away...really weird that a new USB cable would cause an issue like that, but whatever...it works, problem solved for now.

• Like 1

So was it the same USB cable that worked with the sc that gave you the problem?

glad you got it going

No...I had the USB from the first Titan that failed (def not a USB problem...controls on machine didn't even work).  I'm not sure if the second cord or the first cord was bad...but definitely one of them.  Still have my SC hooked up.

Really trying to figure out how to run them both from the same computer simultaneously, but I don't think that's going to happen.  Might have to buy another license for SCAL and install it on a laptop to run both.  Sucks because Titan came with Vinyl Master, which I don't use...need SCAL.

All i can say is call uscutter back, could be a bad usb port or a simple connection on the board which is what im leaning towards...i love my titan 2 28",they are amazing machines, and somewhere down the line someone will end up with a quirk or problem..Its never guaranteed to get a perfect cutter ,its only luck,same with a new cart etc.

20 hours ago, weaponstencils said:

No...I had the USB from the first Titan that failed (def not a USB problem...controls on machine didn't even work).  I'm not sure if the second cord or the first cord was bad...but definitely one of them.  Still have my SC hooked up.

Really trying to figure out how to run them both from the same computer simultaneously, but I don't think that's going to happen.  Might have to buy another license for SCAL and install it on a laptop to run both.  Sucks because Titan came with Vinyl Master, which I don't use...need SCAL.

Do you have the SC and Titan2 hooked up at the same time? If so it might be a conflict with both machines communicating against each other

23 hours ago, weaponstencils said:

Sucks because Titan came with Vinyl Master, which I don't use...need SCAL.

Which version of VM did you end up with? I think the lower level is a bit limited but the upper levels seem superior to SCALP IMO. You have to get used to whatever program you use and switching to a new one can be a PIA but from my experiences with them VM comes out on top pretty easy. 

• Like 1