Sign in to follow this  
desktopgaming

Illustrator "Send to Signcut" doesn't work in Windows 10?

Hello

Just upgraded to Windows 10 having previously used Windows 7 (clean install).

I have Adobe Illustrator CS5 and Signcut 1.96.4, and I've installed the signcut plugin.

When I choose "send to signcut" in Illustrator, I get a save dialog appear.  After I save the file (doesn't matter to where), Signcut opens, but it's empty.

I didn't get a Save dialog in Windows 7.  I'm assuming this is because whatever file location the exporter would normally use, does not exist for whatever reason in Windows 10.

How do I fix this?

I vaguely recall having a similar problem back when I had a SignCut subscription.

Seems I fixed it with either moving the SC program from the "Program Files (x86)" to

the regular "Program Files" folder and/or adding the location to the "Paths" Statement...

Sorry I don't remember more. It's been a couple of years since SignCut.

I understand SignCut Support is very helpful.

Yeah Skarekrow is right. Call tech support. That's probably one of SignCut's strongest points that they have free live tech support that kicks butt. In the meantime if you need to be working simply save the file as AI version 8 and then open that file up WITH SignCut and you can cut it. (If you can't do it this way then you have narrowed down the Win 10 issue a bit).  I don't use the plug-in preferring to work directly in SignCut.