Sign in to follow this  
printheaddesigns

Rhinestone Design

I am having an issue with getting the correct outcome from SCALP for Rhinestone cutting. I have everything ready but I can't seem to get the design to look good.  I have a design that I came up with from Photoshop.  I am new to this and can't seem to get SCALP to give me a good looking template.  I would appreciate any help that all of you guys can provide.  I have attached the file and thanks in advance for your help. 

post-92018-0-45646900-1456817129_thumb.j

Sure Cuts A Lot has it's own forum,  and I would bet this has been brought up many times.  Craftedge.com

i will look there thanks for the advice.

From Scalp forum. 

From what I read, you should be using the TEXT tool in Scalp.....

1) Select Text Tool (T)

2) Type your word(s)

3) Select the Text menu (across the top of the screen) 

4) Select "Convert Text to Outlines"

5) Select the Effects menu

6) Select Rhinestones

7) Set the size and type of stones

Click on Preview and you should now see a stone count.

That was my main draw to SCALP was the rhinestone feature.  I got the software when it first came out the the feature was practically useless as it did not do a good job.  You still had to go in and manually move stuff around.  

I only made it through the first 2 updates on the software and just gave up using so I don't know if it ever got any  better.

if your going to really get into rhinestone I would suggest getting real software. as for your design the california will need to be redone and with ss6 stones to look right in scalp but the gold will look good in the outline and not fill stone. and also using the scalp you have to use the next size stone in the file. so if your using ss10 stones you will select ss11. the gold is done with scalp and the cali is a ttf font sold thru trw. both uses ss10 (most used rhinestones)

http://therhinestoneworld.com/store/#!/TRW-Design-Wizard%E2%84%A2-3-0-Trial/p/59513213/category=8403301.

http://therhinestoneworld.com/store/#!/TRW-Design-Wizard%E2%84%A2-3-0/p/59224271/category=8403301

Ca Gold.svg

here is your file California Gold done with scalp. The ca I used the ss6 stones and the gold I used the ss10 stones. the reason for the ss6 is cause the california is small so you will need the stones small. you have to break up the words and select the stone size separate.

ca gold2.svg